CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Sending email from a VC++ app

Suppose I have two email ids. Example:-
    idSender@yahoo.com
    idReceiver@yahoo.com

I want to create a dialog based exe in VC++ 6.0. I place a button on the dialog. When I click the button, then an email should be sent from idSender@yahoo.com to idReceiver@yahoo.com
    The content of the email is simply "hello".

Is this possible? If yes, then what code should I write in the click event of that button? If required, I can even hardcode the username and password of the sender id in the code.

Re: Sending email from a VC++ app

If a post helped you dont forget to "Rate This Post"

My Article: Capturing Windows Regardless of Their Z-Order

Cheers

Thanks, golan.
    But what if I want to do it without opening outlook or any browser window? Sometimes when a Microsoft App crashes, then I get a message saying that Send report to Microsoft. When I click that button, then it does not open any browser but send the message. How to achieve that?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Have a look at the Andreas Masur's example (post#12) in this thread
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by visharad View Post
    Suppose I have two email ids. Example:-
    idSender@yahoo.com
    idReceiver@yahoo.com

I want to create a dialog based exe in VC++ 6.0. I place a button on the dialog. When I click the button, then an email should be sent from idSender@yahoo.com to idReceiver@yahoo.com
    The content of the email is simply "hello".

Is this possible? If yes, then what code should I write in the click event of that button? If required, I can even hardcode the username and password of the sender id in the code.
    Check out this product...I have used this (and other products from them) in a few commercial products...they work flawless and are very reasonable and no royalties...great help/support also...

http://www.marshallsoft.com/

Jim
    Jim
    ATP BE400 CE500 (C550B-SPW) CE560XL MU300 CFI CFII

"The speed of non working code is irrelevant"... Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."...Calvin Coolidge 30th President of the USA.