CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

javascript effect in vc++

home page of http://paolapalaciosdesign.com/ has thumbnails and when you hovering them, you can see transparent thumbnail will show up on the same thumbnail. but this have done in javascript.
    What I want is, to do this in VC++ for a software. And in that software, that transparent thumbnail should be showed underneath the hovering thumbnail. Then all the other thumbnails(contents) which were below that thumbnail should automatically move to downside.
    Please anyone know how to do that?

Re: javascript effect in vc++

1) by writing a lot of code.
    2) per pixel Transparency is done either using GDI+ or by using the AlphaBlend() GDI function.

By using Visual C++, you can use GDI+ or Direct2D to do this. But Direct2d need Windows 7 UP.
    Andy
    --------------------------------------------
    E-XD++ Visualization Kit at code-home.com

A quick and easy solution would be using MouseMove() message handler to track hovering area and change respective image using memory dc and BitBlt and finally DrawText on desired location.

Basically this method requires, different state images to be supplied.
    ◄◄ hypheni ►►

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hypheni View Post
    A quick and easy solution would be using MouseMove() message handler to track hovering area and change respective image using memory dc and BitBlt and finally DrawText on desired location.

Basically this method requires, different state images to be supplied.
    Yep, if you view source on the website, you can see that they are doing exactly that, i.e using two different images.

I assume it is too hard to do it in an application using C++. So I change the mind to do an alternative thing instead of what i explained to do in the post.
    Thanks for the all replies. Those helped to get some idea about this.

Yes you need to have some grip on VC++ alnog with C++ to do this. And its quite possible to implement the same in desktop application.
    ◄◄ hypheni ►►

Quote Originally Posted by jrmkr View Post
    I assume it is too hard to do it in an application using C++. So I change the mind to do an alternative thing instead.
    Well, seems you give up too easy. There's nothing hard in doing this using C++. Start with a single thumbnail and understand the principle. Later you can expand your solution.
    Best regards,
    Igor