CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Can anyone PLEASE help me with this program?

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help me with this program on arrays?

I have been trying to start this code but I can't figure out how to do this program ( I know it is unfair but could anyone please do this program because this homework is due in two days and I have a final in the upcoming week. ( I honestly dont have time at all) and I need to get credit for homework as my grade is very low right now.

Please help I would greatly appreciate it.

These are the following directions to the program:

1. )A function that takes, as input, an out parameter that is a 10 x 14 two-dimensional
    array and initializes every location in the array to a blank space.

2.) A function that takes, as input, an in/out parameter that is a 10 x 14 two-dimensional
    array and an in parameter that is a plaintext message. The function should then ll
    the two-dimensional array row wise with letters of the string like shown in the example
    above.

3.) A function that takes, as input, an in/out parameter that is a 10 x 14 two-dimensional
    array and an in parameter that is a ciphertext message. The function should then ll
    the two-dimensional array column wise with letters of the string like discussed above.

4.) A function that takes, as input, an in parameter that is a plaintext message and
    returns a ciphertext message. This function should encrypt the plaintext message
    using columnar transposition. You will need to call the function that initializes the
    two- dimensional array and the function that lls the two-dimensional array row wise
    to successfully write this function.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Can anyone PLEASE help me with this program?

Victor Nijegorodov

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

It's been over two weeks and you did get help before. You should have come up with something by now.
    http://forums.codeguru.com/showthrea...t=#post2092013

How has it been over two weeks?? I got it 3 days ago....

Could anyone please help me I am really really confused

Quote Originally Posted by sunghun94 View Post

Could anyone please help me I am really really confused
    The way it works here is this -- you write the code first. Once you write it, then ask questions on what you don't understand.

Just saying "I'm confused" and just posting the assignment is not going to get you far here. Anyone can say "I'm confused" -- that doesn't say anything as to what you're confused about, what you're having trouble understanding, etc.
    ( I honestly dont have time at all) and I need to get credit for homework as my grade is very low right now
    Well, those are the lumps and consequences you're just going to have to take.

Learning programming is a serious endeavor. You don't leave it for last, or try to "cram" at the end of a semester. You have to invest the time to do your assignments, otherwise you will be lost. Programming requires you to start from the beginning, and for each topic you learn, you add to that foundation. You can't just jump in the middle and start coding or understanding what you're doing. The assignment given to you is not hard if you spent the requisite time studying the material. A good student who has kept up and studied the material, and who has an aptitude to programming would complete the assignment within a couple of hours.

There is no way that you can complete that assignment in 2 or 3 days if you're "totally confused" and not know where to start.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie
    Last edited by Paul McKenzie; December 4th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF View Post
    It's been over two weeks and you did get help before. You should have come up with something by now.
    http://forums.codeguru.com/showthrea...t=#post2092013
    Hmm, your post in this thread is from November 16. Today is December 5. The difference is about 19 days what is more than two weeks.
    Do you have a problem with an arithmetic too?
    Victor Nijegorodov

but that one's a different program assignment....

but that one's a different program assignment....
    To be honest, I don't think ifs and buts will help you here. No one is going to do your homework for you.

I suggest you team up with a fellow student. If you're two or a small group who help each other everything becomes so much easier.

Higher education requires a lot of focus, determination and effort and maybe you just don't have what it takes. But before you drop out consider that there are plenty of people who would kill for the chance you have been given and is now about to let go to waste.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

It is a different question, but the pleading and wording were similar enough, and I didn't check the details I assumed it was the same.

Regardless, assignments will build on the ones that go before them. If you can't do this one on your own, you won't be able to do the next one either, so giving you the answer doesn't do anybody any good.