CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem with the Programmer's Notepad and C# Code

I have successfully setup The Programmers Notepad to compile and execute Java code. Now I'm trying to do the same for C# code, but I'm having problems. I have the compile part okay, thats all ready configured. But because to execute a C# program you just type the name of the .exe file I'm having trouble filling out those boxes (you got to type in stuff for Command, Folder, Parameters). Everything I've tried so far has not worked.

My code editor keeps saying Failed to create process. Parameters not correct. How do I set this up?

Like in Java you type the .java extension to execute the program. Not so in C#(there is nothing to type except the name of the application). So how can I direct this code editor to navigate to the directory I'm in and just execute the .exe file?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Problem with the Programmer's Notepad and C# Code

Does the programmer's notepad have any online documentation? I wonder because I believe most of the folks here use Visual Studio to compile and debug their C# programs. Even the free Visual Studio Express version works great for writing C# programs.

Re: Problem with the Programmer's Notepad and C# Code

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Does the programmer's notepad have any online documentation? I wonder because I believe most of the folks here use Visual Studio to compile and debug their C# programs. Even the free Visual Studio Express version works great for writing C# programs.
    Yes but I haven't found the specific info I'm looking for. I may switch to SharpDevelop if I can't find what I'm looking for.