CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Table lock after integrity maintanence completion

Hi All
    I am using MS-SQL Server 2000. I have a database with n number of tables in it. I have configured a maintenance plan. If I enable integrity check and run the plan, I am not able to enter any data through VC++/ADO.
    Is there anything I have to check?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ajbharani; July 21st, 2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Attached image.
    Rate the posts which you find useful

Re: Table lock after integrity maintanence completion

Hi all.

I don't know MS-SQL, and I don't know what exactly maintenance plan is. But I image that it means to check integrity data between tables, and you shouldn't insert new records when the plan runs, otherwise results won't be reliable. So the db engine locks tables to avoid users to add new records.

I hope this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by davide++ View Post
    Hi all.

I don't know MS-SQL, and I don't know what exactly maintenance plan is. But I image that it means to check integrity data between tables, and you shouldn't insert new records when the plan runs, otherwise results won't be reliable. So the db engine locks tables to avoid users to add new records.

I hope this will help you.
    Thanks David. This is a good input. But my issue does not end here. Even the maintenance plan finishes, I am not able to insert anything in that particular table. Other tables are fine.
    Rate the posts which you find useful

Try checking the SQL Server log file to see if the integrity functionality have "crashed" or something similar.