CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Some suggestion about .1file type, .2 file type etc

Quote Originally Posted by jenny_wui View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. It would have been good if I could attach the file, but unfortunately I can't, the system does not allow.
    Which "system" does not allow you to attach a file?
    Did you read Announcements, section Attachments?
    Attachments
    Most of the forums will allow you to add an attachment. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you are going to include an attachment to your post consider the following:
    • Do you really need an attachement? If providing the attachment doesn't add to your question, then don't include it. Most people won't look at an attchment. If your attachment is a short code listing, then you are better to include the code (or a snippet of your code) in your message rather than as an attached file.
    • What files do you really need to attach? Granted, it is a zip file that you will most likely attach; however, what files do you really need to include? In most cases, you will only need the .h and .cpp files for C++ and VC++ files. In VB you will only need the forms and coding files. If there are files that are not needed, then don't include them.
    • Many people use dial-up. Larger attachements will be avoided because they take too long to download. In general, you should try to keep your attachments under 100k.
    Victor Nijegorodov

I could not attach my files as it the system does not allow this. I have uploaded two files Iin a zipped folder named images) to the following link (one my .img file and another 1 File type) so that you can take a look. Both contains image data.:

http://www.filedropper.com/images_1

Now can the .img file be converted to 1 File type.

I could not attach my files as it the system does not allow this.

Again:
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Which "system" does not allow you to attach a file?
    Victor Nijegorodov

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

I could not attach my files as it the system does not allow this. I have uploaded two files Iin a zipped folder named images) to the following link (one my .img file and another 1 File type) so that you can take a look. Both contains image data.:

http://www.filedropper.com/images_1

Now can the .img file be converted to 1 File type.
    Nobody knows what a .1 file type is. You're hung up on that, but all it refers to is the extension. It's NOT a type.

Codeguru only allows to attach jpg, png etc certain type of files that's what I meant by system does not allow attaching .img, .1 file etc. Any way, I have been able to use my images to construct polygonal model using VTK. Thanks every body for suggestion.

Codeguru only allows to attach jpg, png etc certain type of files that's what I meant by system does not allow attaching .img, .1 file etc.
    Your conclusion or your actions were wrong. In such a case you should have packed your file in a zip archive (as it was recommended in Announcements I referred to):
    What files do you really need to attach? Granted, it is a zip file that you will most likely attach;
    Any way, I have been able to use my images to construct polygonal model using VTK. Thanks every body for suggestion.
    Again, what is VTK?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Yes, I understand I have to zip the files for attachment. VTK is visualization tool kit. I used vtkImageReader to construct surface.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12