CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: C++ HTTP Flood code ported to C++ bot source

I've now compiled the source code from the site specified. Under VS it compiled cleanly with just a linker error regarding a missing rsaglue.lib file. I downloaded that from the web and it then compiled OK with just a few linker warnings about missing debug info which is fine. I opened agobot3.dsw within VS and just rebuilt the solution.

I've attached a zip file containing the exe files and the rsaglue.lib file - so you should be able to use them now. Agobot3d.exe is the file that was built. The other .exe's are already part of the download.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    I've now compiled the source code from the site specified. Under VS it compiled cleanly with just a linker error regarding a missing rsaglue.lib file. I downloaded that from the web and it then compiled OK with just a few linker warnings about missing debug info which is fine. I opened agobot3.dsw within VS and just rebuilt the solution.

I've attached a zip file containing the exe files and the rsaglue.lib file - so you should be able to use them now. Agobot3d.exe is the file that was built. The other .exe's are already part of the download.
    Thank you but what I needed was the HTTP code from agobot ported over to my other sourcecode that I have not sent you yet. I thought you were first taking a look to then ask me for the other sourcecode.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

I looked at the source provided with agobot and there are many individual .cpp and .h files in different directories that all need compiling correctly - either via a makefile or using the provided MSVS .dsw file. The result is one main .exe file - agobot3d.exe. If you want to take parts of the .cpp/.h code and use in your own project (or compile separately) then you'll need to work out the interdependencies of the code in order to know what to include and how it compiles. This is not something I'll be able to do for you - nor I suspect will any other member.

Your previous post said that you got compile errors when you tried to compile. As the code is meant to be compiled, it compiles OK (with the missing rsaglue.lib file). If you are trying to compile parts of it and it gives errors then you haven't got the headers/dependencies/project properties set as needed.

Sorry I can't provide much more help.

PS Its fairly easy to get httpflood.cpp to compile without errors (Just add the location of the extra include folders to the project properties). The problem is with linking. There are loads of symbols the linker can't find if you try to build the solution with just httpflood.cpp. To be able to link, you'll need to additionally add the relevant .cpp files to the project/solution and then compile them all so that the linker can find the required symbols.
    Last edited by 2kaud; May 7th, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12