CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Making toolbars come and go

Making toolbars come and go

I have 4 toolbars that I want to show selectively - 2 on the right side and 2 on the bottom, but never more than one at a time in each location. I tried to use the WINDOWPLACEMENT structure to hide and restore them, but sometimes (not consistently) the ones for the bottom appear on the right when they are restored.

I also tried to create the toolbars by doing the CreateEx somewhere other than the CMainframe.OnCreate and then calling DestroyWindow to get rid of them, but that was unsuccessful.

Re: Making toolbars come and go

H,

CFrameWnd:: use ShowControlBar to show or hide the bar. If this doesn't fix all problems, call DockControlBar explicitely after showing a TB, so it doesn't end up in the wrong place

Helped?
    Peter

thanks. the showcontrolbar almost works. it shows or hides the bar, but when it comes back, the size is incorrect (enough room for only 3 of 8 controls). When I drag the edge of the frame window, the rest of the toolbar appears. toolbar.UpdateWindow() has no effect. changing the create to SIZE_FIXED instead of SIZE_DYNAMIC moves the bar from the side to the top for some reason.

forget the last post. everything worked fine. I had screwed something on the controls.