CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

object library not registered

hi,
    I'd just reinstall my pc and VB5 but i encountered problem with components. When I go in Project/components menu and I check "MS Common Controls 5.0", VB returns "Object library not registered". when i use certain components, VB returns 'License informations for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this funtionnality in the design environment".
    Of coursen my VB version license is OK and I do not understand what's happened.

thanks in advance for solution.

Re: object library not registered

I'm not really sure. But i can remember i had a problem like this a year ago, too.

If you use NT:
    Think it was about the privilegs in the registry, because i installed VB as administrator but worked in VB as normal user.
    Check with regedt32.exe if you have access to all needed keys (sorry cannot remember which keys caused the problem).

Hope this little hint helps
    Peter

briefly: I have a project already saved in a previous VB5 installation. when i want to open it in the new installed VB5, components missed and i can't install them (see parent message). this project worked well in the previous installation.

Hi and thanks for your answer.
    but i work under W98 system

Thanks again.
    ttk

It seems as if you have to *uninstall* Vb5 and then install it again. However, you sure your project was done in VB5? And if you are, You sure you did not install a servicepak (they may make the difference!)?
    Hope this can be of some help.

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Tom Archer, Chris Eastwood, Bruno Paris and all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place. Come back soon, you Gurus.
    ...at present time, using mainly Net 4.0, Vs 2010

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Chris Eastwood , dr_Michael, ClearCode, Iouri and
    all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.