CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Making the JFrame stay @ absolute pos

Hi,
    I'm wondering if it is possible to keep a Window at it's location on the screen that i place it at. For instance if i set it's location to (400, 500) i want it to stay there...make it non-movable

do i have to listen to window events or mouse events to accomplish this or is there an easier way to do it?

Thanks for the help!

- nc
    "In a world without walls and barriers, what need is there for windows and gates!" - a mac ad
    "What was the best thing before sliced bread and when did sliced bread go out of existence?" - me
    "Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." - Linus Torvalds <- gotten from Andreas Masur

Live Penguine! - Tux the linux mascot
    Vivez le penguine!, ¡Viva en penguine!, Lang lebe der Pinguin!, Viva no penguine!, Viva sul penguine!

I believe that the only way to accomplish this would be to listen for the drag started event and if the object being fragged is the main window just cancel the event. Not 100% sure on this but it seems viable.

HTH,
    -=- Kevin

ok kevin, thanks for your input i'm gonna go work on it.

ty!

- nc
    "In a world without walls and barriers, what need is there for windows and gates!" - a mac ad
    "What was the best thing before sliced bread and when did sliced bread go out of existence?" - me
    "Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." - Linus Torvalds <- gotten from Andreas Masur

Live Penguine! - Tux the linux mascot
    Vivez le penguine!, ¡Viva en penguine!, Lang lebe der Pinguin!, Viva no penguine!, Viva sul penguine!