CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Resolved Something in my company

Today i realized a new thing in my company I think I would like to share with you as a nice little thing in this weekend.

We have a new employee, who is a very very very nice person and has to learn from scratch the current system we are using and dealing with. We have two managers, a general and a project manager (our company is small). Sure, the project manager is "lower" (ranking within a company) than the general one, but he is 4-5 years older than the former. You know in Asian countries, people are quite single minded about ages especially when it comes to intelligence, social rankings etc since they assume it as a true pride that the younger one is and higher his IQ or social position, for instance, the prouder he and his relatives become.
    Therefore, the envy flame is certainly ignited between the two managers. I personally like the general manager while I have no grudge against the other one.
    The general manager used to work abroad for many years in Italy and was seemingly very obedient to the YES-NO rules which finally affects his personality, [I confirmed my theory of social pressure and personality relation at this point ], but I don't think he is not who he was born to be. But his attention to teach the new employee brings about causes for the project manager to poke fun at him. And today's jokes became really effective. He abruptly stopped being around to help the poor new employee. He didn't smile at or have a goodbye wave at the boy before going home. He is married and has two kids.

Is there anything I can do to be a little talkative to chime in their issue ? It is definitely not the poor new employee's fault at all, I think so.
    Last edited by Ledidas; February 24th, 2012 at 07:41 AM.

Re: Something in my company

I think I won't give up this interesting phenomenon. My plan for tomorrow work on human emotional interactions starts with
    1. visit and reread mathematical model for gender differences (a short but very interesting notes by biology Professor Joana [sorry I forget her surname] of Stanford University)
    2. if I have time I will look into men and women's broken relationships by the uninvited appearance of the same sex partners.
    Uhmmm, it is the two things I would do, tommmmmoooooorrrrrrrrooooowwwwww.