CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Fingerprint

Fingerprint

A few years back my friend worked at Best Buy and bought a fingerprint identification system. He gave it to me when he was shipped out of the states with the Navy. Needless to say, it is an older edition (URU1) from DigitalPersona. He couldn't find the software for it and I later found out the software was not XP compatible anyway. I wrote the company and asked what the company could do for me. All they want is to starve my wallet. What I desire is simple yet complicated. I want to scan my finger and identify it. I know it is a simple request with a tough solution. Please, if anyone can help, I am a college student and can't afford to pay the company twice for something I already own.

Re: Fingerprint

Originally posted by peejavery
    All they want is to starve my wallet. What I desire is simple yet complicated. I want to scan my finger and identify it. I know it is a simple request with a tough solution. Please, if anyone can help, I am a college student and can't afford to pay the company twice for something I already own.
    PeeJavery ...
    First, what did you expect the company to do for you? In reading your post, you actually do NOT own the software ...your friend does .... and by his "giving" it to you, both of you have committed piracy. Plus, the newer version of software(designed to work with a new OS), is typically sold ... not given! Otherwise, MS would send for free, the newest versions of Office to everyone that bought Office 95 .. and to those that bought Office 97 ... etc..etc.

Second ... What exactly is it that you desire from us? I see you asking for help ... OK, we will help by answering your qusetions, but I doubt anyone will do the project for you for free. Otherwise, they would be giving you something that you could use to compete with Persona.

Re: Re: Fingerprint

Originally posted by Hobbit K
    First, what did you expect the company to do for you? In reading your post, you actually do NOT own the software ...your friend does .... and by his "giving" it to you, both of you have committed piracy.

The original poster implied that the original owner relinquished his license when he was shipped off overseas.

Are you saying that if I buy a piece of software, I'm anchored with it for the rest of my natural life. I've given away plenty of software, and it's never been piracy.

If that wasy the case, then you should go out and gather up every single gift you gave away to someone over the holidays.
    No animals were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a good number of electrons were somewhat inconvenienced.

Piracy?!?!?

Hobbit K, what are you talking about? Piracy?!?!? I told you he game everything to me but he could not find the software. That is not piracy!!!

In English!

Ok. For those who don't understand my English like Hobbit K, here is a simplier explanation.

What I want is a program that will store my fingerprint, then identify me when I scan my finger later. Comprendes?