CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Dont want new Modeless Dialogs to pop-up on top??

Hi gurus,

I have an application which among other things also provides a simple chat between users using modeless pop-up dialogs. Trouble is, while users are replying to a chat, if a new chat arrives the new chat dialog will pop-up above the current one which the user is typing thus interrupting the user. How do I ensure that the new pop-up will queue behind previous chat dialogs. I have tried quite a few combinations using ::SetWindowPos() but the best I got did queue the pop-up dialogs behind each other but it also sinks the whole application behind all other applications running at the same time...whenever a new chat arrives which is even worst...

Code:
    CSMSDlg* pCSMSDlg=new CSMSDlg;
    //some other codes
    pCSMSDlg->Create(IDD_DIALOGSMS);
    //some other codes
    ::SetWindowPos(pCSMSDlg->GetSafeHwnd(),HWND_BOTTOM,0,0,0,0,SWP_NOSIZE|SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_SHOWWINDOW|SWP_NOACTIVATE);
    I have also tried setting the dialog to pop-up, child windows and overlapped....

Thanks for any help

Mustafa

DO: Dazzle me with your intelligence
    DON'T : Confuse me with your bullshit

partial solution

Hi All,

Ok I managed to partially solve-it..I discovered SWP_NOOWNERZORDER....that prevents the whole application from sinking right to the bottom of the z-order whenever it creates a new pop-up dialog...

But I am still stuck with one problem...

The new pop-up dialogs queued behind the last dialogs but still grabs focus when it does that...

How do I ensure that a newly created pop-up dialog does not grab focus away from the current dialog in focus???..

Any help please...

Regards

Mustafa

DO: Dazzle me with your intelligence
    DON'T : Confuse me with your bullshit