We are currently an OpenVMS shop and write all our proprietary application programs using DEC Basic and DEC Forms with Oracle Rdb as the backend database. We have a Menu program also written in DEC Basic and DEC Forms that is used to navigate from application program to application program. The user interface hardware is either a VT character cell terminal or a PC running VT emulation.

We are in the process of evaluating new application development tools that will allow us to produce GUI applications, or even browser based applications (Microsoft .NET, Oracle JDeveloper, etc).

I have three issues:
1.) Does anyone know of an application development tool that can
deploy to all three user interfaces that I mentioned (character cell, GUI, browser)?
2.) Does anyone know of a conversion tool that would convert DEC Basic and DEC Forms over to another technology like .NET, Java/Swing, or other?
3.) Once we are deploying GUI applications, how do I create a
menu system that allows the users to access the legacy DEC Forms programs as well as the new GUI programs from a single Windows desktop icon? I don't want the users to have to figure out if a particular application is available from the "old" character cell menu, or the "new" GUI menu.

Thanks for any light you can shed!