CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my attachment

my attachment

hi...
    at this point where my course is about to end my school is sending me on attachment....
    and they are giving me MRP and ERP attachment..
    i always thought they'll gimme an IT attachement...
    sigh,,,
    i am sooooo bloooody sad............
    i spent so much time learning so many languages and trying to improve my programming and they throw me in a manufacturing attachment...
    i am sooooooooo heart broken....
    i never felt this dissapointed in my life....
    they are throwing me farther from IT field...they are pushing me into manufacturing....
    R. Thomas
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:6-7
    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1Thess. 5:16-18

See the good side of this. You can learn about manufacturing, and perhaps you can apply your programming knowledge even in this field.

Maybe when you finish the attachment you may work in IT field. And also you can continue improving your programming yourself.

Good luck.

manufacturing = factory = chemicals = illicit drugs = profit???

Re: my attachment

Originally posted by Joseph_R_Thomas
    hi...
    at this point where my course is about to end my school is sending me on attachment....
    and they are giving me MRP and ERP attachment..
    i always thought they'll gimme an IT attachement...
    sigh,,,
    i am sooooo bloooody sad............
    i spent so much time learning so many languages and trying to improve my programming and they throw me in a manufacturing attachment...
    i am sooooooooo heart broken....
    i never felt this dissapointed in my life....
    they are throwing me farther from IT field...they are pushing me into manufacturing....
    "sending me on attachment"?????
    MRP, ERP?

What do these phrases and initials mean?
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

manufacturing makes me sad...and i feel pathetic..i feel as if i am goin away from IT...i feel scared...i feel as if the world is closing around me and goin to kill me and send me away from IT..
    i feel very useless...

sending to attachment:after the end of the course my school has a 3 month attachment program..where they let you work as an intern in a company..by right its supposed to be a IT company..but due to the downfall of the economy, they cant find IT jobs to send us as an intern to
    MRP:Material Resourse Planning(i hate it!it sucks!its hedious! )
    ERP:Enterprose REsource Planning(I hate it!it sucks!Save ME! )

i feel if i go to manufacturing once..it will be on my resume..then i will get a job in manufacturing instead of IT..I will be doin something i dont like always..
    they will pull me away from programming...
    my skills will weaken...my will will deteriorate...my life will stink with manufacturing...
    Lord, help me....
    now it feels there is nothing left in the world worth living for,,,,
    they broke me....the thougt of working gives me cold sweat..i cant sleep..it haunts me....it doesnt lemme concentrate...
    i feel as if i am being sucked into a void...
    this is torture....
    why.....why me...
    R. Thomas
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:6-7
    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1Thess. 5:16-18

You and Xeon can mourn together in empathy .
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Originally posted by solarflare
    You and Xeon can mourn together in empathy .
    Speaking of that, why isn't Joe in the army??? Joe is in sing-a-prOn is he not?

Look at it this way. Some of the agile development process took heavily from the lean development practices of Honda and Toyota, and they are very much related. Just apply what you learn, and you will have an even better grasp of development choices...
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

I'm not a Singaporean..
    I am on a scholarship here to study...
    so i dont have to go to army....
    R. Thomas

Originally posted by galathaea
    Look at it this way. Some of the agile development process took heavily from the lean development practices of Honda and Toyota, and they are very much related. Just apply what you learn, and you will have an even better grasp of development choices...
    but how can MRP and ERP be even remotely connected to IT..
    in my subject that i had to take in my cource regarding ERP...
    i had to learn the software "symix"
    SYMIX-its such a shity software...i hate it....its so crapy software...
    its all about manufacturing..
    i dont wanna go to manufacturing side..i wanted experience in IT...not manufacturing...after my attachment... i wanna look for a job in IT..in programming..i dont wanna job that is even remotely related to manufacturing...
    ther is no development process that is applied in MRP and ERP...its all a shity piece of software that does inventory management for you...
    i alreayd had a hard time during the ERP subject tht i took...i was so relieved that i wont have to do it again...
    but now.....
    its on to me....
    everytime i think of my heart just sinks...
    i cant even put the hidieous feeling i get into words...
    R. Thomas

Joseph, all experience adds to you. Go and learn what you can.
    Who knows maybe one day you will be writting software to
    prepare a bill of materials or do inventory tracking.
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

yea...you are right Mr.Souldog...
    i should just shut up and do it....
    R. Thomas

Joseph,

One of the biggest gripes that customers/clients have is that we as programmers do not understand what they need ... Example:

To write business software you need to understand financials. Ledgers, accounting, credits, debits, etc ... Where or how are you supposed to get this understanding/experience???

Same thing for manufacturing ... There is tons of manufacturing programming that needs to be done ... Look at it as an opportunity to see things from the other side (at worst) and it may be the chance you need to get your foot in the door and say "Hey, I'm a programmer. I CAN do that for you."

yea.....
    i hope something like that happens.....
    infact i pray something like that happens.....
    i really really hope something like that happens.....
    R. Thomas

Cool Just to prove this smiley has no relation to Toyota, yamaha, Honda, Sony or so on....

Originally posted by galathaea
    I am on my way, I will post the result a few days later...

Trust me this is an illegally home address usage .
    Last edited by hometown; October 10th, 2003 at 11:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast