2 3.70%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your age

what is your age

What is your age?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Re: what is your age

I thought there was a thread like this, somewhere ...

I will be 17 on August the 29th
    Last edited by NoHero; January 16th, 2005 at 11:40 AM.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

ill be 24 on february 17th.
    the doer alone learneth. (nietzsche)

All young people here
    Last edited by Elementer; June 26th, 2005 at 06:24 PM.

I'm amazed that ages here are very young! It's different the way people count their age for each country. In my country I'll be 30 years old at June 6th. I was born at 1976. So how old am I in your country? hope it's very young too.

I just found out that my age is 28 in western country. But still seems that I'm oldest here (
    Last edited by fairycat; January 16th, 2005 at 08:36 PM.
    A tourist visiting England's Eton College asked the gardener how he got the lawns so perfect. "That's easy," he replied, "You just brush off the dew every morning, mow them every other day, and roll them once a week."

"Is that all?" asked the tourist.

"Absolutely," replied the gardener. "Do that for 500 years and you'll have a nice lawn, too."

----------------------------------------------------------
    Please let me know if I've made a mistake in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by fairycat
    I'm amazed that ages here are very young!
    heh wait till all those moderators to respond.. theyre all very old..

/no offence guys..

It's different the way people count their age for each country. In my country I'll be 30 years old at June 6th. I was born at 1976. So how old am I in your country? hope it's very young too.
    really? how is it different?

I just found out that my age is 28 in western country. But still seems that I'm oldest here (

me 24 on 23rd November...
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

Dr. Tom is 46. My motto: You have to grow old but you can stay immature for the rest of your life.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

27 (today)

but your name is not in the "Today's Birthday" list...??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang

Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne
    but your name is not in the "Today's Birthday" list...??
    Well, may be thats because of the time difference, its 10:22 A.M here (Pakistan times)

really? how is it different?
    Yeah~ In my country, when a baby is born, he(she) became 1 years old. that's the difference.

Dr. Tom is 46. My motto: You have to grow old but you can stay immature for the rest of your life.
    That's the truth of life! By the way, thank God! I finally met someone older than me. :shock; Actually, there's one another reason that I'm so interested in ages here. In my country it's very hard to see old developer. Yeah~ It's truely sad thing for computer technology. When people got old they become wiser. But many peole here have to be a manager or a salesman when they old. So it's very hard to see 46 years old developer. Sure, some of them want to be still as a developer but company owner doesn't let them do that. I wonder if these things are similar in the other country.
    A tourist visiting England's Eton College asked the gardener how he got the lawns so perfect. "That's easy," he replied, "You just brush off the dew every morning, mow them every other day, and roll them once a week."

"Is that all?" asked the tourist.

"Absolutely," replied the gardener. "Do that for 500 years and you'll have a nice lawn, too."

----------------------------------------------------------
    Please let me know if I've made a mistake in my posts.

Well, I guess thats not very uncommon all around. The general idea about a programmer life around here (Pakistan) is about 30-35. It also depends upon the technology, like I've seen few 35+ web developers around me, but 35+ C/C++ geniune programmer...none. At the same time, there are people who have more then 20-25 experience and still they like to program (specially codeguru has alot of them )

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Well, I guess thats not very uncommon all around. The general idea about a programmer life around here (Pakistan) is about 30-35. It also depends upon the technology, like I've seen few 35+ web developers around me, but 35+ C/C++ geniune programmer...none. At the same time, there are people who have more then 20-25 experience and still they like to program (specially codeguru has alot of them )
    In my country, the life of programmers end at th age of 30 maximum and I've seen guys who are so good in this fieald, even worked under multinational companies in the US and when they come back, they can't find a job. Its just becaus they are considered too old and expensive....

You better strat planning your careeer, you can't be a programmer forever, when you reach 30, you shpuld be in a managerial position. Thats an advic given to me by someone...

Well, may be thats because of the time difference, its 10:22 A.M here (Pakistan times)
    well, I would like to the first to wish, but Ill just wait for Mr Mick to start the birth day thread.... don't want to break the tradition...

Yeah~ In my country, when a baby is born, he(she) became 1 years old. that's the difference.
    oh that makes no sense, is it because they count the 12 month of the pregnancy..??
    Last edited by Max Payne; January 17th, 2005 at 01:32 AM.

You better strat planning your careeer, you can't be a programmer forever, when you reach 30, you shpuld be in a managerial position. Thats an advic given to me by someone...
    Well, I've been told that frequently and even by the people who are in the industry as well. Its not necessary that a very good doctor can also be good engineer. Every one has some natural skills and when it comes to programming, alot of people come into this profession because they find good salaries being paid to them (may be not all around) and when they find that programming is not just only a science as well as art, and the challenges that a programmer faces, the constant risk of being outdated and always trying to keep the pace with the new coming technologies, they find that, programming is not something that suits them. Some quit early, some later, but only those who have the passion and ability to move along with the learning curve, they survive.

I met many great programmers here and trust me, there programming experience is more then my natural age.

Try one thing. Ask the same question to any managrial personal that how do he feels. I'm sure that the person who told you that, will not be manager himself . The term "Manager" also differ place to place. Being a manager in some software development establishment means alot more responsiblity then programmers. Its not easy to be a manager either in this field

The only logical soltuion that I found is, either quit it and find something else to do, or accept it with it challenges and be ready for them. If you stop, you loose, game over

Being a manager in some software development establishment means alot more responsiblity then programmers. Its not easy to be a manager either in this field
    yeah, I want to be a senior engineer rather than a manager in my 30's...

The only logical soltuion that I found is, either quit it and find something else to do,
    I always wanted to be a cook

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast