CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Client side programming

hello, I am fighting a battle with my network administrator. What I am trying to do is: We have more than 300 employees in the company. i have tried creating a asp.net website so the employees could check weather or not their papers got approved or not. When they go to the website they enter their number in and the server searches an ms access database and then it returns the results. This idea was rejected by my network admin.. btw i used asp.net. he says he does not want any programming done on the servers

Is there anyway I can perform this search done on the client computer by using javascript or something??

Re: Client side programming

Please stop cross posting your question to the various forums. Pick one, if you need it moved we can move it.

I am just trying to get my question answered...the type of question I am asking can be answered by any programmer in any field that is why it is posted in different sections. Just trying to get everyones point of view.

I understand, so let me explain our point of view When you post into multiple forums it leads to duplicate replies. Forum members usually get a bit irritated when they see they have wasted their [free I might add] time saying the same thing in another thread. CG is also indexed in search engines [along with CG's own search engine] so anyone having the same question as you will have to wade through many different threads to find where the final answer lies.

If you need to have it moved or need redirects left in other forums then just ask a moderator or put it in the body of your post. One of us will usually get to it fairly quickly.

All I know is if this thread was never moved my question would have been answered several times by now.

I see you didnt even care to comment about the post either

Quote Originally Posted by luke101
    All I know is if this thread was never moved my question would have been answered several times by now.
    Luke, perhaps you are unfamiliar with the standard conduct in these forums. Please reread the AUP if you have forgotten it.

People will be more likely to answer your question if you don't come off as rude or impatient. Although I'm sure you are neither, your language makes it appear that way.
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }