CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Microsoft leaving VB?

As a 'native' VB6.0 programmer I tend to be hurted when others tell that it is already dead, I still believe it is not and it is not going to die in the near future, is some way or the other there will still be a place for it in the programming world.

I also do C# do would still prefer VB6.0 is most cases and when I have the choice. If the client does not care what the language to be used then I always prefer VB6.0 since I have learned to work with ease in it.

Somehow, I'd still believe that Microsoft won't fully leave VB6.0 as they still have this....

Re: Microsoft leaving VB?

It is dead in the sense that Microsoft is not developing it any further or supporting it beyond allowing the runtime to run on Vista and Windows 2008. There is nothing to stop you continuing to write code in it but if you run into any problems you're on your own.

Of course, there is tons of legacy code out there that will have to be maintained for a long time. So probably it will never die in that sense, rather like Cobol.

"If the client does not care what the language to be used then I always prefer VB6.0 since I have learned to work with ease in it."

After a period of time, though, you will naturally find that since VB6 is frozen it will become increasingly unable to satisfy your clients' requirements so it as well to get to a stage of being able to work with ease in a more modern language, whatever your preferences.
    Kevin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456