CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Geeks

Re: Hot Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by YourSurrogateGod
    That sounds exactly like the bayern .
    The major difference between bavarian german and Upperaustrian is in the detail...

A bavarian would say "Schitzl" (Schnitzel) I would say "Bretzalfetzn"
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

2 NoHero:

about Tirol.

I have got that already some time ago, so... yep, now it is in my todo list and will be fixed in the next version
    "UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity!"

Quote Originally Posted by reset-leo
    i'm impressed! that's almost more than i know!
    the only thing you're missing is WHAT i am / you are / it is
    Ich bin - I Am
    Du Bist - You Are
    Er Sie Es ist - He, It, She Is

While I'd like to say that you guys are totally skewing off topic, you're proving my point of the existance of geeks with your discussion...

Yes, there are women geeks. I'm a geek... and a woman... I think it's hard to label women as such because it's taken a masculine turn, and that there are so few women in mathematical/logics/programming fields. For me, I graduated with my CE in a class of 24 and 2 were girls... about 8% of the college of engineering are female. So we are a rare flower! (That's my only experience, I'm new to programming...)

ok, thanks reset-leo! You're actually how I pictured you! As soon as I find a picture of me that I don't hate (there's the girl coming out) then I'll get that posted.

I'd also like to bring up that the major difference between female geek hotness and male geek hotness is depth. You guys seem to be implying a girl has to be physically attractive AND smart to be a hot geek. Us women can look deeper...

Quote Originally Posted by ****eygirl
    While I'd like to say that you guys are totally skewing off topic, you're proving my point of the existance of geeks with your discussion...
    That's what happens 99% of the time to all threads in the chit chat area .
    Yes, there are women geeks. I'm a geek... and a woman... I think it's hard to label women as such because it's taken a masculine turn, and that there are so few women in mathematical/logics/programming fields. For me, I graduated with my CE in a class of 24 and 2 were girls... about 8% of the college of engineering are female. So we are a rare flower! (That's my only experience, I'm new to programming...)
    Heh... same at my uni. There are more girls in the other engineering disciplines other than programming, go figure.

I'd also like to bring up that the major difference between female geek hotness and male geek hotness is depth. You guys seem to be implying a girl has to be physically attractive AND smart to be a hot geek. Us women can look deeper...
    well, humans are "eye-led". i'm sure that usually every human being will decide whether to have a deeper look into a person or not based on ther first optical impression. (this may not be true for people who meet in chatrooms or whatever, but there's a risk of being disappointed at the first face2face meeting)

i want to add that it really seems that men are more optically oriented than women. there are guyz pretending not to be, but i think this is only a trick to make the ladies think they (the men) are something special and a good choice.

why are so many women concerned about if they look lovely on one hand, but then insist that it's not the physical appearance that counts?

this was generically spoken.

as already mentioned with the saying that sometimes people looking like geeks do not really identify with geek-stuff, being a geek depends mostly on psychological attributes. hotness includes physics.
    reboot, and everything is good

visit my website at hochleistung.at

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    The major difference between bavarian german and Upperaustrian is in the detail...

A bavarian would say "Schitzl" (Schnitzel) I would say "Bretzalfetzn"
    I gotta go there atleast once .

On the topic of hotness and what classifies as sexy, or beautiful etc....

I mostly look at the personality, (it might sound silly but) I also look at where she comes from - not a place - but what she has experienced. the reason why I say so is that experiences can change a peron for the good or bad.

Does this make sense¿

She must have a sense of humour, she mustn't be too ugly at least , she must know what life is about.

She must also be willing to love/like me for who and what I am.

That to me is considered hot. Geek or Not

Reset, I'll have to agree with you. We wouldn't stop to smell the roses if they weren't pretty. I'm a sucker for red hair and freckles myself! grr...

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    On the topic of hotness and what classifies as sexy, or beautiful etc....

I mostly look at the personality, (it might sound silly but) I also look at where she comes from - not a place - but what she has experienced. the reason why I say so is that experiences can change a peron for the good or bad.

Does this make sense¿

She must have a sense of humour, she mustn't be too ugly at least , she must know what life is about.

She must also be willing to love/like me for who and what I am.

That to me is considered hot. Geek or Not
    So is that before or after she's posted on the sexiest actress list? Or is there a bigger gap between eye candy and the girl we bring home to Mother?

Oh... about women and physical appearances... it's ours we're concerned about, not our men's. We'll bash ourselves into the ground about how we look and love our man for who he is.

So is that before or after she's posted on the sexiest actress list? Or is there a bigger gap between eye candy and the girl we bring home to Mother?
    reboot, and everything is good

visit my website at hochleistung.at

She hasn't posted on the Sexiest Acctress list.
    She is something for the eye, I'm lucky to have her in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by reset-leo
    (i'm afraid that's all for today. i'll go have a ride to my flat on my H O T '76 honda cb500 four...)
    What about a race? I'll win

About the other gender: Of course as said the first impression is the important. It might decide if you start a conversion with her or not. Be honest guy's: If there is a Uschi Glas in front of you: Would you talk or even flirt with her, if you don't have to? For me: I am not that interested in how sexy a girl is, because I think'd get awed by a girl's prettiness when she is really hot... ... And there must be one major fact given: She must have the same humour as me... If she has that:

Related to geeks: There might be persons you are wearing glasses and are tiny but are not geeks. Since the prejudice from TV they were counted as such. This makes their life very difficult...

/even when they stop writing good marks ...
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

you're way to literal, NoHero

I don't now if this is off topic or not... sorry ****ygirl if its off topic..

When I watch US movies, they show that high schools or college students discriminate each other, there are a group of peopl thingking they ar the cool kids, the cheerleaders or the football players and bully other kids which are considered lame "geeks and so on". I always confused whether it actually happens in the US Schools, caus I never been to US, so not sur its reality or just for movies...?
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast