CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anti-Keylogger program

I know msdn says that you can't keep track of a system wide LL keyboard hook with a debug hook, but I would try it anyway. MSDN is not always correct and they tend to copy previous versions.

Another idea is to just count the number of times User32.dll is loaded. This would require you to profile all the apps that you normally use. If you find it has been loaded one more time than needed, find out the process that loaded it and nuke it.

dosn't matter how much they compress it, yes it would use alota cpu cycles, but I'm not sure that 100k keypresses takes very long at all and the cpu cycles are not a worry some thing, if I set my programs thread priority to minimal I'm fairly sure the culprit would stand out

oh if you think compressing will save their arse then I laugh, who said I'd let it run for a short duration? I'm talking 1 hour here.

oh and we're looking for RAM/HDD increases here not CPU, CPU flucuates to much, HDD is very stable if my program is the only thing running, and RAM can be monitored if you chart it ^_^
    In C, you merely shoot yourself in the foot.

In C++, you accidentally create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot them all in the foot. Providing emergency medical care is impossible, because you can't tell which are bitwise copies and which are just pointing at others and saying, "That's me, over there."

Cool Re: Anti-Keylogger program

BAM - nice move

Seems most AV's don't do a very good job of detecting or preventing key-logger activity.

At least that's what I read.

So from the many anti
    -keylogger that prevent rather than remove, which can be recommended.

Preferably free.

My current AV's:

On demand: Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, Zemana, SuperASW

Active: Avira

My OS is Windows 10 (64).

Thanks
    Last edited by existenceproduct; September 16th, 2022 at 10:06 PM.

The truth is, keyloggers are not easy to detect without the help of security software. Running a virus scan is necessary to detect them. Trend Micro HouseCall is an online security scanner that detects and removes viruses, worms, spyware, and other malicious threats such as keyloggers for free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12