CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Posting in this forum

This forum is for posting positions and help on projects. There are a few things that you can do to make it easier for people reading posts in this forum. This includes starting the post with the following:

• Paid: (Yes or No)
    • Location: (where the position is or if telecommuting is allowed)
    • Type: (Is this contract work, a full time position, volunteer work,
      work that *might* lead to a full-time job, or other?)
    • Requirements: What technologies do you need the person to have worked with? If it is contract or voluntary, what tools and versions does the person need?
    • time frame: Is this position open now and how long is it expected to last?

Including the above information will make it easier for people to know the details of your position. You should also include any other relevant information.

Re: Posting in this forum

Thanks for your information Brad. I am the managing partner of a staffing firm and I have all types of positions. I'll try to be as specific as I can. The only issue I have is that sometimes when candidates look at a detailed description, they may not apply if they don't have ALL of the skill sets. A description is usually a hiring mangager's "wish list" and they would consider people with SOME of the required skills as long as they are key skills...

I guess what I'm trying to say to this forum is not to disqualify a job posting if you don't have 10 out of the 10 skill sets. It's better to apply and talk to the recruiter about it before disqualifying it.

Thanks,

Alison