CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Google EPIC 2014

http://www.robinsloan.com/epic/

Watch, enjoy and comment it!
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Re: Google EPIC 2014

Its totally awsome!!!!

Who is the narator ?
    MY tv is not bilingual, has no button to switch the language, please make them all in English at night because some of us don't understand , thank you

Why flash maker not thought of black-white for past, more colors for present and future. isn't it a documentary movie ?
    MY tv is not bilingual, has no button to switch the language, please make them all in English at night because some of us don't understand , thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    http://www.robinsloan.com/epic/

Watch, enjoy and comment it!
    I Thorouly enjoyed it..

Very good, Very well put toghether..

PS.. Mattrang. The naraters name is given at the end of the show, And also the entire story is set in 2014.. so for the narator.. everything is the past...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Is EPIC the beginning of Matrix?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

That could happen for all those wide-eyed bloggers, but somehow it's not really believable.
    Get this small utility to do basic syntax highlighting in vBulletin forums (like Codeguru) easily.
    Supports C++ and VB out of the box, but can be configured for other languages.

man, why you always have in mind something like that ? unchangeable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yves M
    That could happen for all those wide-eyed bloggers, but somehow it's not really believable.
    Not so sure. Remember that at the end of 19th century French scientists proved that objects heavier than the air cannot fly. Look where WWW and IT were 10 years ago. It's not that much fantesy in that scenario with GoogleZon and EPIC.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

[ON A SERIOUS NOTE]:
    this movie was dated back to the year 2004...it really was motivated by the events occured on that year alone (i.e: Gmail, e-paper, A9 and Newsbot were launched and Reason Magazine custom-tailored issues)...

so they predicted Microsoft will buy Friendster in 2005(which is as far as I know, Microsoft didn't)...but Friendster is handling its crown to MySpace...I know...Friendster still can be manipulated/enhanced...but I don't think that's how Microsoft works...

but this prediction will be interesting if they predict Friendster will be under Google...this is more likely to be true if we see the trend Google is going into...can you imagine if Friendster is under Google?...a premature Google Grid (as suggested in the movie) will be formed...

from all the prediction they made, Google Grid is more likely to be true...other predictions are just another baloney I think...

EЛC(read: EPIC)?...nah! that can't be in the near future...2014 is only 8 years to come...and I don't think the world will into that trend...we're talking about real news here...not about custom-made computer generated news based on the user habits, interest, social network, etc...EPIC is an insult to the world's civilization...

EPIC can be done but I don't think it'll bring a global-phenomena...

if I understand this EPIC idea correctly(as my English is far from good), this idea can only bring chaos...I mean, I read the news today and I say to my friend, "look to the news today, it's talking about bla bla"...and my friend will say, "nah! your news still not enough..remove your filter of bla bla"...we'll have news circled around our interest/personality/etc....what a joke!!...

[ON NOT SO SERIOUS NOTE]:
    unless there's another 'global flood' that can change the way of the world spinning today within a year or so, people will still enjoy their morning newspaper in between their first cup of coffee...

[ON A VERY NOT SERIOUS NOTE]:
    looks like someone is trying to be a Nostradamus diciple...

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

I don't have a speaker to listen to that, so I just watched the movie and made up my own assumption from what I have seen only..

it was boring..
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne
    I don't have a speaker to listen to that, so I just watched the movie and made up my own assumption from what I have seen only..

it was boring..
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!.............

GO TO A INET CAFE WITH SPEAKERS................

and watch it again...

I think it was magical..

I've emailed the page link to most of my IT buddies and they all Love it (With the naration....)

you dont know what your missing....
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

I totally agree with mrRee (only the serious notes) but it's not unlikely to happen at all. Maybe not in the next 8 hours, but why not?
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

it was boring..
    You just wasted 8 minutes of your life... It has no point to watch it without sound.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

it was boring..
    well if you decide to watch it again you are about to waste 8 more minutes of your life ...but guess its worth it....

nice friction...well it definately is a lot of imagination for a common mind...

i doubt if its computer generated like the so called news in 2014
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." – Calvin

The EPIC has you... Follow the white rabit... because there is no spoon.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast