CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: RAD Development

RAD Development

Which IDE is the best to use for RAD Windows Application Development in Java?I dont mind if it isnt free.

Re: RAD Development

WindowBuilder Pro => Some people saying it's good, I didn't try it
    NetBeans => Nice and Free but I use it only to make the GUI (for the coding I use eclipse )

Eclipse or NetBeans.
    It seems like the only thing I do on this forum is tell people to use the [ code ] tag, unfortunately it doesn't seem to pay off...

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

What is 'best' depends on your exact requirements. Just what a RAD IDE should povide is rather vague - see Rapid Application Development. If you want a good general-purpose Java IDE with a wide range of plugins, and you don't mind paying for it, I would recommend IntelliJ IDEA. NetBeans and Eclipse are good, but many professional developers think IDEA is better.

When our company wanted to settle on a standard Java IDE, we organised a team of developers to try each IDE for a period and compare them. IDEA was a clear winner - for our requirements.

The tools we use have a profound (and devious!) influence on our thinking habits, and, therefore, on our thinking abilities...
    E. Dijkstra
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.