CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Thread

Gaming Thread

What are some of you favorite games and for which console?
    this of course if favorites of all time:

One of mine is 'Sid Meiers Railroad Tycoon' for PC
    Duke Nukem for the pc is also great!
    Even if everybody spoke the same language, nobody would be speaking the same language.

--Daniel

Re: Gaming Thread

I gotta stick with the GTA series for the Playstation2.

I can't wait for GTA: Vice City Stories.

Viggy

For me it's Warcraft III, the RTS game.
    Get this small utility to do basic syntax highlighting in vBulletin forums (like Codeguru) easily.
    Supports C++ and VB out of the box, but can be configured for other languages.

Can't remember when last I played a game!

I do remember Duke and Quake being fun

Oh gosh!
    I can't say what's my favourite game.... I would say half life, expecially HL2 because it inspired me to study (and code) physics...
    but in the last months I got becoming a MUGEN nerd.....

oh yeah, Super Mario got a big place in my heart..
    but F-Zero (SNES) is great too...

And sometimes I like to play The Punisher with my bro.
    ++++++++[>++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<++[>-----<-]>.<+++[>++++<-]>++.<+++[>----<-]>-.----.
    God does not play dice with the universe.(A.Einstein)

Super Smash Brothers. Red Alert 2. Warcraft III. F-Zero. Centipede.

My friends and I are so good at super smash brothers, it's ridiculous. We play drinking games with it until we start sucking at it. Jigglypuff is my best character.
    Windows XP, Visual Studio 2008, SVN

Really into FPS games at the moment of the 'World War II' genre ... don't know, ever since Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I've developed a thing for the genre.

Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 are great - Sniper Elite is fantastic (you get to snipe and follow the bullet as it leaves your gun and lodges itself in the target.)

Splinter Cell series was great, but it got a bit boring after a while ... so much time spent NOT shooting stuff! lol

BUT, I have to say, Mafia is proabably one of the best games I've played in a WHILE. GTA series was ok, but became a bit repetative after a while ... haven't played San Andreas yet.

Nao

DISCLAIMER:
    THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST WAIVERS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE IMPLEMENTATION OF IDEAS, CONCEPTS AND/OR SOURCE CODE LISTINGS IN THIS POST. HYPERLINKS ARE PROVIDED AS-IS AND NO GUARANTEE IS MADE AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, VALIDITY OR SUITABILITY OF THE MATERIALS FOUND THROUGH LINKS POSTED BY THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST.

Blighty
    is a British English slang term for Great Britain, deriving from the Hindustani word bilāyatī (विलायती), meaning "foreign", related to the Arabic word wilayat, meaning a kingdom or province.

Source: Wikipedia.org

As of right now, my all time favorite game is Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(Nintendo 64). I played through that game so many times and its still fun.

The other Zeldas were great too, I remember playing the first one for NES, I was really really young when I played that.

Right now, I'm playing multiplayer games on the PC. Counter Strike: Source is pretty good, the graphics of the HL2 engine are killer. But Day Of Defeat: Source is still a ton better than CS:S, DoD:S is a WWII run and gun game, but its so fun, I mean you get to actually punch people in it, I always said that it would be cool if you could punch people when I was playing the first DoD and then Source came out and you could, but they got rid of my rifle butt melee attack, on the server I played DoD in, the last time I checked I had well over 800 of the rifle melee attacks(the person in 2nd place on the ranks for it was like < 200 or something ). Now in Source I use the rocket(bazooka on U.S. and Panzerschreck on Wehrmact(its now called that instead of Axis)) thats the funnest weapon ever.

I've also been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 because I'm on a mod team for it(well we're waiting until UT2007 comes out), the UE3 engine looks absolutely rediculous.

GTA is always fun, San Andreas was great because there were a ton of things to do
    "Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it's good for you, but no one likes doing it."
    - Andre LaMothe

DLL For Beginners(UPDATED)
    Please use CODE tags
    Rate me if I've helped.

My friends and I are so good at super smash brothers, it's ridiculous. We play drinking games with it until we start sucking at it. Jigglypuff is my best character.
    My older brother and I would make fun of my little brother or our friends telling them we can beat them with Jigglypuff. (which we could)

For me it's Warcraft III, the RTS game.
    I played Warcraft III very little. It didn't feel nearly as good as similar RTS games like Ceaser or AGE of Empires. PLus I was stuck on Starcraft, which is great.

I can't say what's my favourite game.... I would say half life,
    I remember when I thought that would suck (I only bought it becuase I had no new game to play). Boy was I surprised, that game was great... and HL2 that is great
    Even if everybody spoke the same language, nobody would be speaking the same language.

--Daniel

As of right now, my all time favorite game is Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(Nintendo 64). I played through that game so many times and its still fun.
    Have you seen videos for the new one!!!
    That game will be great

--Daniel

My favorite game`s, on PC, are Fallout and Fallout2. It was big fun
    Last edited by Skoons; October 13th, 2006 at 05:31 PM.
    God could improve essentially a
    human nature, but he
    was too anxious with compatibility
    with the monkey.
    (Eugeny Goldberg)

My favorite games are Gothic 1 and Gothic 2, if anyone has heard of them. But Gothic 3 doesn't do enough to earn it's position in my list of favorite games. I hope the forth one will do better. Right now I'm waiting and hoping for Hellgate London. This game has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin_33
    Have you seen videos for the new one!!!
    That game will be great
    yes I have, and it looks amazing. But I can't be tempted by that because I have to find a Wii(should be some coming soon I hope)
    "Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it's good for you, but no one likes doing it."
    - Andre LaMothe

DLL For Beginners(UPDATED)
    Please use CODE tags
    Rate me if I've helped.

Recently Quake 4, Prey and AOE 3. I want play Gears of War, it's an amazing game.

Starcraft
    Heroes of might and magic II
    Quake
    Warcraft II
    Diablo
    Might and magic VII
    Doom
    Heretic and Hexen
    "inherit to be reused by code that uses the base class, not to reuse base class code", Sutter and Alexandrescu, C++ Coding Standards.
    Club of lovers of the C++ typecasts cute syntax: Only recorded member.

Out of memory happens! Handle it properly!
    Say no to g_new()!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast