CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna
    Unless you've hacked the writer's computer, and will post the script, why don't we WAIT UNTIL APRIL 23!!!!!
    That's exactly the problem! We can't wait until April 23

// 2 more weeks to go
    /** The only stupid question is the one you never ask. */

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna
    Unless you've hacked the writer's computer, and will post the script, why don't we WAIT UNTIL APRIL 23!!!!!
    If you have noticed the writers for some episodes, apparently there are more than 1 writer!

Anyone saw the new trailer for episode 19?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesXwwoKriM

I have yet to watch this show. I heard it was worth checking out, but I'm always watching something else at the same time.

I saw the preview for the "last 9 chapters" (don't quote the number) and the way it sounded, it sounds as if the show is coming to an end. Each week there is a new chapter? A new "person" to save each chapter? I'm sure with all the buzz about this show, the commerical only means the season is coming to an end, but I thought I still ask around.

Last 9 chapters == season finale || Last 9 chapters == series finale ?
    -= the best is yet to come =-

Last 9 chapters == series finale
    That is how it looks. If you follow the story line, there should be a definitive end to the story...

The "universe" will continue, so there could be another "series" with the same premise....
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

The preview did say "Last 5 chapter". It could be that they wrap up this story line with 23 episodes -- which is a standard season. I could, however, see then doing a 'second book' that has 23 chapters as well with a new story line with the same characters. Kind of like the series 24 where each season is a day. In this series each season could be a book with chapters . I'm speculating, but the show seems to behighly rated so I don't see it ending after just one season.

Brad!

Anyone seen episode 19?

It's a very exciting episode. Can't wait for 20

Have any ideas what power Peter's mom have? Guesses?

Good show. Glad I taped it. I'm going to watch it again!
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

It was a good show and i was shocked to see that linderman had powers too lol. I can't wait for episode 20 .

Brad - OK, maybe you were right, there wasn't anyone else in the room after all

Just watched episode 20. This is the first time I saw Peter use Hiro's power. Nice. I wonder if he has Linderman's power too...

Tried to. It's an old concept with a new twist.

The season was pretty good.
    *Spoiler if you haven't seen the episode *

Though I predict all the heroes will survive.
    We already knew Peter will survive.
    I think Nathan would have survived if he dropped Peter. and continued flying.

Though at this Peter seems so powerful, especailly since he just came in contact with our Las Vegas folk. Now probably has the powers of Mika, DL, and Nikki. I think that was some of Nikki's strength he was showing punching Silar.

The point of this is Peter sould have be able to do something else.
    Like fly away himself, Stop time and move....
    But then again maybe they will use this as some charater development for Peter while he learns to control things better...

I mean if he survives the bomb then, like it showed for the future Peter. He still hasn't to learn control himself more.

I think those are questions and more will be anwsered next season.

Even if everybody spoke the same language, nobody would be speaking the same language.

--Daniel

* Spoilers --------- beware *

Yeah I think Peter would become a lot more powerful in season 2. They also showed some hints of a new nemesis in season 2 (although Sylar is still alive) like the person which Molly (a girl who can locate anyone in the world) can't locate since she is scared of him/her and said that this person can also see Molly if she tries to scry him. Molly also stated that this person is much scarier than Sylar.

At the last part of the show, I thought that a UFO had blocked the sun : D which I think would have made things bad. Thankfully it was ust a solar eclipse and is somehow related to the emergence of peoples abilities (I think).

Overall, it was a nice show and I am looking forward for season 2.

** spoilers beware**
    (Note that I typed white on white, so highlighting post will show text....)

I didn't think the finale was as good as it was hyped. After all, they spent the entire season building up to this. Addionally, some of the prior dream scenes were simply misleading and wrong. For example, they showed him blowing up in the daytime, in traffic, outside of his brother's office. It didn't seem like that was any of it.

Even so, the series has been entertaining and season two promises to be interesting. I heard they were shifting back to the original characters (the older people), so we will see what happens there. The Eclipse seemed to be the same one in the shows intro, so maybe they will go through the origin. A lot of comments were dropped about the previous group of 'heros', so we'll see.

As to Peter flying himself and such..... Have we ever seen Peter use two powers at once? Or, is he limited to just one at a time. It seems that he needs limits and that would be one way to do it.

Interesting comment about Nathan. I didn't think about him simply flying away after dropping his brother.... Could be. I somewhat doubt it, but still....

Definitely a fun show

Brad!

** More Spoilers **

I beleive he had used two powers at once in his orginal fight with sylar.

As the for the dream sequences that were wrong. Remember future Hiro? Perhaps present-time Hiro did do something to change the way things that 'were suppose to happen'.

Also I'm just going to throw this out there.
    When Molly said there is somebody scarier than sylar could she possible mean Peter? After all he absorbs abilities and she had mentioned that whenever she looked for him he looked back.

Oh well these theories and more will be ruined in the next great season of Heroes!
    Even if everybody spoke the same language, nobody would be speaking the same language.

--Daniel

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast