30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 36.67%
  • No

19 63.33%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Re: Has CG gone to the crapper?

Quote Originally Posted by Alin
    which of course, is because of the reputation thing. people love seing green,

especially light green...the more the better...unfortunatelly

EDIT: and yes, i fully agree that the quality of topics has significantly decreased. i

remember great discussions involving Gabriel Fleseriu, Andreas Masur, just to name a

few.
    Hush hush
    keep it down now
    voices carry

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    May be the quality to you looks low because you have had your own

knowledge standards uplifted!

Time to share more to us!

//Quality is a relative term.. not relative to time only but relation to individuals
    The true is I don't know General downtick as I left, I haven't come here often at all.

Like I said...A troll But, I do have to say that Brad didn't let the moderators moderate

and he never listened to what anyone said. Period. Nothing, what was the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Yves M
    Well, let's not jump to conclusions.

Even thoughts. But, come one now, in our hayday? *lol* yves...don't be sad

Quote Originally Posted by kirants
    If they were here when there was no reputation system, then why would they

care if this system was introduced.
    Kirants, given that I was a person that heavily 'rated' you early on , did you not see the

rush to post the same thing over and over in the same thread? Are we not technical here? Why

do I have to go thru twenty fraeking posts about the same thing when reading a thread? come

on, you see this?

My another question is why don't people directly confront the bad posts right in where they

are in the threads?
    Ya, well some moderators *cough, cough* tried that and got called out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by souldog
    I
    I guess for me thinks were just not a fun once Xeon, Mick and Galatheae left. I didn't know

Andreas had left as well. I think that there is no question that the quality of the

discussions has degraded. There are some exceptions in the non-visual C++ forum.
    v
    Ya, well we miss you, and your little dog too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ovidiucucu
    Hi Mick, you are alive? Many people here (downhill or uphill) thought you

are dead since about one year.
    I heard that one myself, ovidiucucu. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was

just that I was in Nebraska. --The Unforgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    From Ovidi Kuku(the bird):
    Let's all boycott CodeGuru and march on to CodeProject! Our new future is

there!

(CodeProject is even regularly giving free cool t-shirts and mugs away because they cherish

their members!)

Good day,
    Xeon.
    Sorry, fark codeproject, bunch of non-coders Stay here, lets fix this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ovidiucucu
    Really?
    Remember when Mick "retired" he had one of the best reputation place and a signature

including something like "please, please, don't forget to rate my post!" .
    Come on, let's be honest!
    *lol* you are confusing me with someone else. I never had the 'please please rate me sig'.

BTW, weren't you part of the romanian group along with CIlU that we busted for cross-rating?

Thought so? Should I write a tell all about that? Shh...it's a mod secret.

Quote Originally Posted by souldog
    I apologize Yves. As you kow you are one of the people I truly respec. I

jus had a hard time listening to mick take this crap.
    *lol* what did I miss? *lol* come now, this is heavy sarcasm here, why are you guys farking

with me? Souldog definding me *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Really? Interesting to know, since Mick was in top three of most reputed people

when he "retired".
    Acutally, I was #1 and it pisses me off

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    Hush hush
    keep it down now
    voices carry
    i really DO hope so.
    anyway, i really miss those days, but who knows, maybe they'll come back again.

i really DO hope so.
    anyway, i really miss those days, but who knows, maybe they'll come back again.
    I don't know maybe

It looks like it is more of encapsulation at moderator levels.. that I guess we commoners don't have a clue... No meaningful discussion can happen here with us coz of that... It's better you guys discuss amongst yourselves... Don't know how open things can be but without that its meaningless debating with us... we don't have a say coz we don't have a clue

The point is more than just reps and ads!

It looks like it is more of encapsulation at moderator levels.. that I guess we commoners don't have a clue... No meaningful discussion can happen here with us coz of that... It's better you guys discuss amongst yourselves... Don't know how open things can be but without that its meaningless debating with us... we don't have a say coz we don't have a clue

The point is more than just reps and ads!
    Let me give you a Cilu See early on, there were karma dumpers, the romanians. Ovi, cilu, etc...all from the same IP,/Company. Had to ban three of them, but those three provided me with a negative rate dump, so I could positive the real contributors...So eh...What's that guys, oh, you didn't know them *lol*. Ya, ratings...moderators...ya...G's up...right?

Or was it a sixer? You guys had a good round-robin...six up, six down. You know the score.

So, ratings, what?

Even thoughts. But, come one now, in our hayday? *lol* yves...don't be sad
    Well, the fact that we didn't agree on some issues doesn't mean I hated you

About the rep system, I have to say that my opinion has changed and that in the beginning I thought it was a nice gadget. Probably a bit naive, because I had never used a forum with rep points before. Now I don't see any use in it anymore. I still don't think it's bad or that it degrades the quality of CG, it's just not useful.

Ups: sorry for posting after it had been closed.
    Last edited by Yves M; November 2nd, 2006 at 01:39 PM.
    Get this small utility to do basic syntax highlighting in vBulletin forums (like Codeguru) easily.
    Supports C++ and VB out of the box, but can be configured for other languages.

Let me give you a Cilu See early on, there were karma dumpers, the romanians. Ovi, cilu, etc...all from the same IP,/Company. Had to ban three of them, but those three provided me with a negative rate dump, so I could positive the real contributors...So eh...What's that guys, oh, you didn't know them *lol*. Ya, ratings...moderators...ya...G's up...right?

Or was it a sixer? You guys had a good round-robin...six up, six down. You know the score.

So, ratings, what?
    What the hack are you talking about? You should be careful with what you are saying. I never used multiple IDs, 'cilu' is the only usename I have created at CG. Moreover, I'm very positive that I never rated you negatively. So, don't post false things.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

[ Moderator note: Thread reopened, but rest assured that we'll moderate any name-calling ]
    Get this small utility to do basic syntax highlighting in vBulletin forums (like Codeguru) easily.
    Supports C++ and VB out of the box, but can be configured for other languages.

@Mick

EDIT: for some reason, the link above no longer exists or was deleted.

this is what it contained:
    you shouldn't be picking at people's nationality though - it's weak. pick at them instead if you need to. yeah, i'm romanian too. i didn't say nothing about americans or any other nationality for that matter. don't generalize, keep it personal.
    Last edited by Alin; November 2nd, 2006 at 02:51 PM.

@Mick

EDIT: for some reason, the link above no longer exists or was deleted.

this is what it contained:
    Originally Posted by Alin
    you shouldn't be picking at people's nationality though - it's weak. pick at them instead if you need to. yeah, i'm romanian too. i didn't say nothing about americans or any other nationality for that matter. don't generalize, keep it personal.
    Was that a link or from you Alin?

I want to say also, if you are offended, stop reading...go away...

Otherwise, lets talk.

Was that a link or from you Alin?
    yeah, it was a link to one of my post as a reply to one of yours. since i couldn't reply in this thread, i replied to one of the other posts of yours, but they are now deleted it seems, thus making my link invalid.

yeah, it was a link to one of my post as a reply to one of yours. since i couldn't reply in this thread, i replied to one of the other posts of yours, but they are now deleted it seems, thus making my link invalid.
    Ok, what was it about? roma?

I want to say also, if you are offended, stop reading...go away...

Otherwise, lets talk.
    i didn't say i was offened, i said that you should keep it personal. oh, don't you worry, i'm not afraid to talk.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast