CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Question HELP: MySQL Administrator - Backup Errors

I have been having problems backing up my MySQL (vBulletin) database for a while now, and my host is useless. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

This is a vBulletin database (3.6), and all my tables are MyISAM according to MySQL Administrator.

I have tried to create a backup using the "Lock All Tables" backup option, since the description next to it, says its recommended for MyISAM type tables.

I receive an error message when I try to execute the backup:

"The Command FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK cannot be executed. You may want to choose a different backup option."
    My host told me to use normal backup instead. I am against using this because the description next to normal backup says:

Each table will be backed up independently. This may lead to inconsistent backups and should be avoided if possible
    Anyway, I figured I would give it a shot anyway and when using the normal backup option I receive another error message:

An error occured while executing the backup. Error while analyzing an SQL statement.
    I get this error (complete with the grammer error )

Like I said my host is of no use all they want to tell me is that it works on their end. They don't seem interested in figuring out what the real issue is.

Can someone tell me what the issue is, and how to get it working. It does work on the hosts end, because I can see the new catalog they created using the backup method.

They have told me that I have dba permissions on my user and I have verified that all permission options are enabled for my user from the host control panel.

Re: HELP: MySQL Administrator - Backup Errors

I have always used the normal backup and have never had any problems.

Re: HELP: MySQL Administrator - Backup Errors

Thanks, I got the problem fixed using mysqldump.