CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: India win series against S.Africa 4-0

It could also be , because they have time only for advertaisments and modeling stuffs, and make too much money, by just being a part of the so called Cricket Team, When one can just sit and make money, who would be really intrested in working hard ?
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." – Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Krishnaa
    Somhow indian players keep loosing their morale, I don't know if that's because the mgmt. board or internal politics.
    No.. no... there is no reason. There can be no reason.

It is just that they are playing aweful. Yes, there have been problems.. the tour schedule could have had been made a little better by reducing the gap days of 6 days between tests and 4 days (or so) between 2 one dayers.. to schedule some 3-day/2-day matches before the series in SA. That would have had given them time to adapt to the conditions... that they are doing now in the matches.... but still the truth remains the same. They are playing aweful and they are missing Ganguly and Laxman's experience.

The top guys are okay - like sehwag, sachin, dravid, dhoni... but who are these other guys - kaif, dinesh kartik, dinesh mongia, raina etc? They are useless.. they cannot play in SA. They don't have experience to those conditions or heart to face pitched deliveries. They cannot be the middle order which usually has been a strength of the indian cricket team. They are not dependable.. one or two from them is okay in the side but not all. We need laxman... we need ganguly.

And if that is not possible... i know why it isn't ... we can do without guru greg.

What about soccer? Why such countries which have over 1000 mln population like China and India are weak in soccer?

Well, India is not only weak in soccer but also in Cricket... So, Indians at least are pretty consistent on that front...

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    okay .. India lost the pratice match..
    But India won the Test match today... (by 123 runs)

FIRST TEST MATCH WIN on SA soil in history....

Not too bad...

But we will win the next one ......

Gremlin SA ..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

We don't play much soccer and that's why we are weak. Cricket is the biggest business in the subcontinent. It does not allow any other sport to come up. People are trying though.

Yup! I am a little bit happier now.. with India winning the first test! Good knocks by Ganguly, Laxman, Zaheer, Prince. Good bowling by Sreesanth, Zaheer, Kumble, Pollock.

The piece of attraction was Sreesanth.. with some amazing bowling and entertainment.. If you know what I am talking about.

The piece of attraction was Sreesanth.. with some amazing bowling and entertainment.. If you know what I am talking about.
    I got this link in the morning...was really funny. After a while I got this one as well. But wasn't for the dance though...
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Joy
    I got this link in the morning...was really funny. After a while I got this one as well. But wasn't for the dance though...
    Oh.. he got fined.. I missed that view for which he was fined.. but he is a very enthusiastic lad! Nel deserved that.. he is a little bit too much for nothing... and I don't think any disrespect or so was intended from Sreesanth...

I am amazed to see Nel like stunts by Kallis as well.. he is a marvellous player.. I don't know why he needs to do that!

One similar ocassion happened when Aamir Sohail hit Prasad for a boundary and showed him the way it went and the next ball he was clean bowled... it's amazing how things back-fire.. but it is always entertaining watching these...

Oh.. he got fined.. I missed that view for which he was fined.. but he is a very enthusiastic lad! Nel deserved that.. he is a little bit too much for nothing... and I don't think any disrespect or so was intended from Sreesanth...
    The fine wasn't for dancing. Was for some kind of action when he got a wicket. And they judged that it was a disrespect shown to the batsman that was out.

As a matter of fact, these kind of 'judgement' only happens against India or some Asian countries.
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Joy
    As a matter of fact, these kind of 'judgement' only happens against India or some Asian countries.
    Aah.. you cannot say this - Roshan Mahanama was the one who did this...

I can't honestly see why Sreesanth was fined

I think it was good fun between Nel and Sreesanth - they made the game exciting and it's actually what Cricket needs, especially when a test match is quite boring.
    There are always little duels between players, and it's always interesting to see who will win. for instance :
    Smith vs. Zaheer - who wins everytime there

I'm really glad that India won this test match, and I think that they will win the series 3 - 0.
    It's time SA cricket realises that people cannot play good if the don't play regularly. Some of the players there haven't played a test match in 6 months!
    The middle order and b0ttom order cannot always save the game, as you saw, the failed the first innings, and the whole team got 84!

Now, the SA team is resting for the second test, and India has organised a 2 day game with KZN. How can we rest !!¿
    That's why we are going to lose this series 3 - 0

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    I can't honestly see why Sreesanth was fined
    Oh.. he was not fined for that. He was fined for two things:

1. He did something or said something indescent to the batsman : HM Amla (I guess and I don't know much about it.. missed it on TV)

2. For wearing a black inner inside shirt. That is not allowed - ICC Rules!

India won't win that easy now.. but surely their confidence must have got a boost... I am hoping for a good series and not a pathetic one like the One-dayers...

It's all in the Papers in SA.. Sidelined players (one who hasn't played a test match in almost a year) is now on the team, In a last ditch effort to win the Test Series..

Hmm.. I agree with Hannes, SA is going to loose it..

and all i can say is that India do Deserve the win..

Lets wait and see ......

Gremmy..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Aah.. you cannot say this - Roshan Mahanama was the one who did this...
    I was saying that in general. Statistics do reveal it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast