CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Help me using winsock in Windows forms...

Hi everybody. I'm new in this forum and also in VC++. In a windows form project, i'll transmit a text data by winsock. I did this in console, but i don't know how to do this in form application. For example, where should i define my objects and functions. As i know In Form.h , i can't define a new class, so how this will be possible? And which libs i have to use? Please help me about this, cause all examples i've read tells me about winsock in console applications...

Re: Help me using winsock in Windows forms...

Quote Originally Posted by Noreturn
    As i know In Form.h , i can't define a new class, so how this will be possible?
    Are you sure about that? AFAIK there is no limitation on how many classes you can declare in a header-file. Anyway, if you don't want to do that you can simply add you own header file.

And which libs i have to use?
    Depends on the function you use. You can find lots of documentation on msdn.microsoft.com.

I did this in console, but i don't know how to do this in form application.
    Only difference is that you don't want to use blocking socket calls in the main/GUI thread, that would make you application appear to have 'freezed'. You should take a look at WSAAsyncSelect or WSAEventSelect.

- petter

Re: Help me using winsock in Windows forms...

Thanks for ur help wildfrog, i'll try ur comments. But i think i'll deal with using this functions under my GUI. Anyway. I must learn too many things...