CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: How to remove web site project

Question How to remove web site project

Dear Friends i like to remove web site project from my computer which i created in ASP.net with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. How i can do that.

When i create a new web site in Visual Studio it will create all folder etc. I like to remove whole project from my computer.

Kindly tell me steps.

If you know how to remove stand alone project created with VB or C#.net in Visual Studio then kindly post that also.

Thank you.

Re: How to remove web site project

Well just open the Windows Explorer. Go to the folder where the project is created, probably in your My Documents folder. Remove it like you would remove any other folder by select Delete from the toolbar on windows explorer.

Thank you Shuja, so you mean ASP.net dosen't save any link for new web site, and when you delete folder website gone. Maybe it is true for website which is created in FileSystem location, but when we create website in IIS then you have to remove from IIS only? and not from ASP.net temporory server?

If you have created it in ISS then you will have to remove the virtual directory from inetpub\wwwroot folder.