CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Removal of Xeon's post.

Xeon posted on this thread:
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433718

And his message has been removed by PeejAvery.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    I had very much like to know who is that clown who deleted my post away??!!!
    That was a very informative and interesting web-hosting post which took me 25 mins to type and some ill-bred skunk deleted it away without warning?!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeejAvery
    I deleted the post because of the multiple inappropriate references. And no, I did not delete it completely. All moderators can still see it.
    It would be nice if you permitted Xeon to access his message (e.g. send it by e-mail) so that he can backup it, and maybe, edit it to make it acceptable and post it again.

And, maybe, It would have been nice to give Xeon a change to edit his post before you remove it, by sending him a private message.

The overall job of moderators is very good on codeguru. Usually, there're no conflicts between moderators and posters. I hope that codeguru will remain a peaceful place.
    "inherit to be reused by code that uses the base class, not to reuse base class code", Sutter and Alexandrescu, C++ Coding Standards.
    Club of lovers of the C++ typecasts cute syntax: Only recorded member.

Out of memory happens! Handle it properly!
    Say no to g_new()!

Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster

Angry Re: Removal of Xeon's post.

Thanks Superkoko, but this is crazy.
    How is it that members who are moderators do not have the word "Moderator" or similar under their ID? This way, at least folks will know they're moderators.

And yes, it's only polite to at least send me a message warning me to edit my post. Considering that post of mine does not contain vulgar language <removed by admin>, I can't see any reason why it should be deleted.
    Plus, my information and knowledge shared in that thread will save the original poster (DanDaddy) quite a sum of money, for crying out loud!

Doesn't CodeGuru provide it's moderators some kind of "Moderating 101" or "Forum moderation for Dummies" eBooks etc.?
    And considering that I've been a member since Jul 2000 and have seen the growth of CG from it's very young days, this is extremely insulting to me.
    Do you shout at your grandpa or beat your dad? You don't!

Good day,
    Xeon.
    Last edited by Brad Jones; October 1st, 2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: inappropriate words - even with asterisks.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Re: Removal of Xeon's post.

What's wrong with

[edited by xxx] like we usually see?
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

This has already been discussed at length and is not really a toic for feedback. Brad, and other moderators, saw the post before it was deleted and were in agreement with my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    How is it that members who are moderators do not have the word "Moderator" or similar under their ID? This way, at least folks will know they're moderators.
    Each moderator has a bolded name. Supermoderators are bolded and in italics.
    Last edited by PeejAvery; September 30th, 2007 at 08:44 AM.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

The post was deleted due to inappropriate comments and language. Xeon has had mulitple warning and bannings from this forum in the past, so there is no need to explain the rules to him, because they have been explained over and over and over to him before.

The moderator actually was nicer than I would have been. Xeon has used his "last warning" multiple times and has gotten more slack than anyone else on this forum. Had I seen the comments, I would have banned him immediately and permanently. Fortunately, a moderator saw them and simply removed the comments instead of removing Xeon.

If you have any complaints about the moderators, it should be to ask them why they would not immediately ban someone that would post inappropritae comments.

I'm ending this conversation here. If you believe there is more to add, then feel free to PM or email me or a moderator.

Brad
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------