CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Left docked (vertical) toolstrip on C# form

I would like to have a vertical toolstrip docked on the left of a C# windows form. After many hours of frustration experimenting, I have not been able to accomplish this.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
    mpliam

Re: Left docked (vertical) toolstrip on C# form

I will only be suggesting the obvious here, since you have not posted code tried that did not work:

have you tried Control.Anchor yet?
    Code:
    ToolStrip.Anchor = AnchorStyles.Left;
    Regards,

There's not much to post on this. You simply drag a toolstrip from the ToolBox onto the Form in the Design View. The problem is not how to get a toostrip full of buttons to anchor (there's a tool to do that), but how to get the toolstrip to align vertically.

I have tried virtually every property of the toolstrip but cannot get it to behave so that a single column of toolstrip buttons lines up vertically along the left side of the form window.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Mike
    mpliam

Hey Mike,

I know it is very frustrating. But luckily I have found how to do it. If you have not figured it out, let me know I will post snapshots of exactly what to do.

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by chintanvj View Post
    Hey Mike,

I know it is very frustrating. But luckily I have found how to do it. If you have not figured it out, let me know I will post snapshots of exactly what to do.

Cheers !
    TTake a toolstrip and place it wherever you want it and align it on the left side vertically. Then add some buttons to it
    when thios is done use the codeview of the method InitializeComponents() and look, jow the designer designed that
    And you will have your needed code

The designer code always can be used to learn how something is done
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

I attached the code into here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

Keep in mind chintanvj, this thread is 5 YEARS OLD. Please do not revive old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT View Post
    Keep in mind chintanvj, this thread is 5 YEARS OLD. Please do not revive old threads.
    wow, where did he find that old one and brought it up to present time?
    hehe I didn't look at the date, I simple solved it showing the code
    Jonny Poet

My latest articles :