CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Taskbar icon changing

This is a strange one...

I changed my application's icon from the default MFC icon. I didn't like the icon I made, so I changed it yet again. I made sure to change all references to the old icon name *AND* I deleted the old icon from my project folder. The new icon gets displayed properly until I open two windows of my application, in which case the icon in the taskbar changes to the old icon, which doesn't even exist anymore. Note that this only occurs when I run the application from my Debug folder.

Re: Taskbar icon changing

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Fake
    This is a strange one...

I changed my application's icon from the default MFC icon. I didn't like the icon I made, so I changed it yet again. I made sure to change all references to the old icon name *AND* I deleted the old icon from my project folder. The new icon gets displayed properly until I open two windows of my application, in which case the icon in the taskbar changes to the old icon, which doesn't even exist anymore. Note that this only occurs when I run the application from my Debug folder.
    Any MFC icon can be solve of the problem. You may save it again in the resource directory. Other way is:
    Code:
    HICON hIconNew = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(ID_ANY_ICON); // Resource inside

Make sure your new icon is the FIRST icon in your resources. So give it resource ID 1.
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G
    Make sure your new icon is the FIRST icon in your resources. So give it resource ID 1.
    Yeah... Also can say so.