CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C++ and 'Make'

Re: C++ and 'Make'

many thanks, Duoas, for that specific information on the Borland. I am going to need to learn more about this in the future.

In any case, I'm giving Visual C++ a try, downloaded Visual Studio 2008 with C++ Express edition (and was very happy I did, the free game development tool looks interesting)

anyway, i opened the folder titled 'visualce' in the aforementioned library 'free type 2' which i'm trying to install (I chose 'visualce' cuz I figured the 'e' might stand for 'express') I found a Visual C++ project file inside, and clicking on it automatically opened up the VC++ express editor. I was able to compile the project successfully.

So now I'm just wondering what to do now that the code's compiled. I need to be able to access it from another project. I can't seem to find any created object files, or dll's, which i thought would happen. Though I may be looking in the wrong place.

hmmm... this thread has gone from a non visual C++ thread to a visual C++ thread. Maybe I should start a new thread in the Vis C++ forums....
    Last edited by Mikau; July 2nd, 2008 at 07:00 AM.

Lindley is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Personally, I wouldn't put strange dlls I just downloaded in system32, but that's just me....

FreeType2 is a popular library used by hundreds of thousands of people around the globe. I wouldn't exactly call it a "strange dll".

Lindley is offline Elite Member Power Poster

I was speaking generally.

Ah, sorry.

Yes, never put unsafe (unknown) code anywhere in the WINDOWS directory tree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12