CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Web Service problem

Hi all, I've a little problem with a couple of Web Service written in C#, called AuthService.asmx and CanvasService.
    From my client module (window form exe written in C#) when I call AuthService.asmx all works fine
    When I call CanvasService.asmx all works fine
    When I call AuthService from CanvasService I get the following error

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request System.Net.WebException The underlying connection was closed An unexpected error occurred on a receive System.IO.IOException Unable to read data from the transport connection An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Can someone suggest me a way to understand the problem?
    I've tried to re-create web reference links in all projects and rebuild all several times but the error still the same.
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Regards
    Fab

Re: Web Service problem

There is probably something that is interfering with IIS. Have you tried debugging the Web Method? You should also take a look at Event Log on the IIS Server and see if you can find anything useful over there.

Re: Web Service problem

Thank you for your reply Ali, following your suggestion I've discovered the problem, it seems my IIS block web service execution if called in the machine on which my IIS is running (if I call Web service using my client with another machine all works fine). I'm not acquainted with IIS settings but I'll try to find correct setting.
    Thank you again
    Fab