CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Smile the safety and compatibility of ActiveX embedded in IE .

i ever wrote a project needed an ActiveX to embed in IE (embed in websites) ,nevertheless i need to consult anyone of you to offer me something needed to be paid attentions (such as multi threads ,accessing files ,character set ) because writting codes in ActiveX embeded in IE is different from writting others (like console programs) .thank you.

plus , i need to get some suggestions from you in terms of how to prevent the activeX from disrupting the IE or conflicting with other ActiveX or components as well as producing some un-expected side-effects , particularly when the ActiveX run in new vew verion IE as IE 7.

Thank you so much .
    Last edited by suchuhui80; November 4th, 2008 at 02:38 AM.

Lightbulb Re: the safety and compatibility of ActiveX embedded in IE .

any constructive suggestions is much appreciated ~~~

Re: the safety and compatibility of ActiveX embedded in IE .

please give me a hand,thank ~~

Re: the safety and compatibility of ActiveX embedded in IE .

Quote Originally Posted by suchuhui80
    i ever
    If you mean "I never", I shall say "me too", because I never needed to write an Active X for IE, although I have written several applications for internet. So I am very puzzled, and I would like to know if you are sure you want to write an ActiveX and not an applet or a servlet, or just a piece of code on the server in PHP or in another language instead of writing an Active X.

Smile Re: the safety and compatibility of ActiveX embedded in IE .

Quote Originally Posted by olivthill
    If you mean "I never", I shall say "me too", because I never needed to write an Active X for IE, although I have written several applications for internet. So I am very puzzled, and I would like to know if you are sure you want to write an ActiveX and not an applet or a servlet, or just a piece of code on the server in PHP or in another language instead of writing an Active X.
    thanks~ yeah , i precisely refered to ActiveX embeded in IE (preciseling speaking ,embeded in websites ) .there are several things needed to be concerned (particularly in terms of compatibility with diverse versions IE )when developing that . i are needed to get more experiences for that .thank you so much~~