CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Upgrade: Changed Meaning of "New Posts"

Since the upgrade, the meaning of the "New Posts" button seems to have changed. It now seems that the meaning is closer to "unread" posts vs "new" posts.

As an example, I get an email indicating activity in a subscribed thread, click the link to open the thread, and decide that I do not want to post a reply. I click "New Posts" to see what other forum activity has taken place. As I browse through the new posts, I change my mind and decide that I want to post a reply. However, since I have read everything in the thread, the upgraded forum decides that it is no longer "new" and the thread does not appear in the list of "New Posts" threads. I am required to find the thread through other menus.

So, it appears that "New Posts" does not mean "new"; it apparently means "new and also unread".

This is different from the behavior of the forum before the upgrade.

I think the old behavior was more preferable.

Mike

Re: Upgrade: Changed Meaning of "New Posts"

Then simply use the "Today's Posts" functionallity under "Quick Links".

Having both methodologies (along with marking forums as read once you have determined that the unread posts are not interesting by vitue of location, title, or previous experience) is actually very nice....
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first