CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Creating an ActiveX control with C#

I have looked into ActiveX controls and all the examples have been in VB. Looking though the available project templates in VS 2005 I only see an Active X option under C++.

I would like to use C# since the code I need to put in the object already exists in C#, however the closest thing I have found for C# is a "Web Control Library". Is that analogous to a C++ ActiveX control?

What should i expect to see as compiled output?

Thanks,

Re: Creating an ActiveX control with C#

Hi !
    Web Controls and Windows Forms Controls are quiet different.
    Talking about Windows Forms Controls we have to differ between Components and Controls.
    For more information look here
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...87(VS.80).aspx

While I'm familar with designing controls and components in C# for Win Forms application, I never did one for Web.

If you are interested in learning about ho to design controls look at the article at the bottopm of my post. I'm using a Dockable panel Manager as an example how to built components / controls using C#
    Its really starting fro Zero for untrained people who just have read a basic C# book. It contains 7 lectures in the moment with lots of pictures and full code also attached in a zip after every lecture.

If you have specific needs for how to design a control feel free to ask.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

Thanks for the information. However i think the bottom of your post was lost, could you repost the link?

Quote Originally Posted by ifdef View Post
    Thanks for the information. However i think the bottom of your post was lost, could you repost the link?
    You need to switch on the signature feature in your CG settings. Its in the last line of my signature. As lots of people have additional good information in their signature it will generally give you some more information to have it switched on

The adress to start with part 1 is
    http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/cshar...le.php/c14179/
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7