CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Windows form control like this?

Is there a windows form control that looks like this: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...lopment/Ex.jpg (Snapshot from CCleaner )

If not, how can i make that with C#?

Thanks.

Re: Windows form control like this?

I'm sure the datagridview could be made to look that way.

Or a ListView using custom Column objects.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Is that a row entry or column headers?

The only difference that I see between the image and a ListView is the (seemingly useless) checkbox in the first column.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd781 View Post
    The only difference that I see between the image and a ListView is the (seemingly useless) checkbox in the first column.
    My question is whether what we are seeing is a checkbox inside a column header (or a single entry row in a header-less listview).

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    My question is whether what we are seeing is a checkbox inside a column header (or a single entry row in a header-less listview).
    It looks like its in the column header to me. I think that's what he is looking for. I don't know of any Windows control that can do that. Asside from ineriting from ListView and doing it yourself. But that's beyond my knowledge at the current time, so I can't help with that.
    Three5Eight
    Using: MS C# 08 EE, MS SQL 05 EE, C++ .Net 08 EE, Vista Home Premium, XP Home

Quote Originally Posted by Three5Eight View Post
    It looks like its in the column header to me. I think that's what he is looking for. I don't know of any Windows control that can do that. Asside from ineriting from ListView and doing it yourself. But that's beyond my knowledge at the current time, so I can't help with that.
    WPF can do that - easily.
    P.S. It can even wire the check/uncheck event to select/deselect the children if that is what is desired.

All it really takes (sans WPF) is a subclassed Column type with a child checkbox control.

I'll take a look at WPF then, because I need to change the UI of a ListView control myself. But its always been too much work for me to worry about right now.
    Three5Eight
    Using: MS C# 08 EE, MS SQL 05 EE, C++ .Net 08 EE, Vista Home Premium, XP Home

Quote Originally Posted by Three5Eight View Post
    I'll take a look at WPF then, because I need to change the UI of a ListView control myself. But its always been too much work for me to worry about right now.
    But this needs your project to be a WPF project as you cannot mix it with awin Form project as much as I know
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

I thought there were WPF Hosts that you could use in a windows form and a win32 host you could use inside WPF forms.

I've never worked w/ WPF because of the xml format of the layout & the fact that their support in visual studios is pathetic, but I could have sworn I heard about something like that when it was introduced.

WPF can be supported in WinForms and vice versa.

Visual Studio 2008 with SP1 has a better xaml editor. It's still not quite up to the WinForms editor, but it keeps getting better.

I find that Xaml is simple enough to be able to just create the UI by editing the xaml (although I'm still looking forward to a full featured editor).

WPF can be supported in WinForms and vice versa.
    Great to hear as I havn't known this.

I find that Xaml is simple enough to be able to just create the UI by editing the xaml (although I'm still looking forward to a full featured editor).
    Look at this one http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Continuum/XAMLPowerToys/

and here
    http://karlshifflett.wordpress.com/xaml-power-toys/

I have added the XAML Power Toys to my VS 2008 some days ago and did a short look into it. It seems me that the editor is much more advanced then ever before using this add on. But I must confess I have nnever really used WPF in any of my projects. I'm not familar with HTTP stuff nor with XAML But I think when there is a good tool as it seems to be now, then I'll give it a try
    Last edited by JonnyPoet; December 14th, 2008 at 04:50 AM.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7