CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Configuration manager problem in Visual studio

Hi,

I'm using Visual Studio 2003 and have a question about using the configuration manager.

In my project I have used different solution configurations and have also deleted some old ones that I have used. However, when I go to the properties pages of my project the deleted configurations still appear in the configuration list box. Does anyone know how to remove these?

Since I have experimented a bit this list has become quite long and it would be nice to only have the configurations that I currently use in it.

1) To try and reproduce this, go to configuration manager, select <New...> and create a new configuration.

2) Delete the newly created configuration

3) Open the properties page for the project. Check that the created configuration that was deleted still exist in the drop down list box.

Re: Configuration manager problem in Visual studio

I managed to resolve the matter.

What I had missed was that one had to use the configuration manager on each project property page and there by access the configuration settings and removing the configurations on each project.

Re: Configuration manager problem in Visual studio

Quote Originally Posted by Ergodyne View Post
    I managed to resolve the matter.

What I had missed was that one had to use the configuration manager on each project property page and there by access the configuration settings and removing the configurations on each project.
    That is exactly correct. Consider what would happen if deleteing a configuration from the solution also deleted it from the project...and the project was used in multiple solutions.

Newer versions of VS bring up a mssage box specifically stating this action; I dont remember how 2003 behaved (from a UI standpoint) as I try to avoid using "Past End of Life" products..[VS-2003 mainstream support ended on 10/14/2008]
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first