CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: XML Parsing

XML Parsing

First off i want to state that i am new at this and dont really know what all options are out there or how to use them.

What i am trying to do is take an xml file and i am modifing the display using xsl and then using javascript in an html document to parse it and display the xml file as html. And eveything works fine expept for one thing, the xml file that i am using is hosted by someone else and is constantly chaning, i currently have the file called up with the javascript command but in order for it to work security settings have to be changed in IE and this isnt really the ideal solution. What i am looking for is some way to get this to work without the security issues. Weather there is a way to cache that xml file on my server or be able to issue a differant command that will not cause the security issues, or even if there is a totally differant way to convert the xml file to html and display it.

Thank you for you help in advance

nate

Re: XML Parsing

The only to avoid security precautions altogether is to use a server-side language to download the file to your own local directory first.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Write your own browser xD

Now seriously: use AJAX and save the xml locally as file or in a variable...
    Wanna install linux on a vacuum cleaner. Could anyone tell me which distro sucks better?

I had a nightmare last night. I was dreaming that I’m 64-bit and my blanket is 32-bit and I couldn’t cover myself with it, so I’ve spent the whole night freezing. And in the morning I find that my blanket just had fallen off the bed. =S (from: bash.org.ru)

//always looking for job opportunities in AU/NZ/US/CA/Europe :P
    willCodeForFood(Arrays.asList("Java","PHP","C++","bash","Assembler","XML","XHTML","CSS","JS","PL/SQL"));

USE [code] TAGS! Read this FAQ if you are new here. If this post was helpful, please rate it!

"totally differant way to convert the xml file to html and display it"

Run it as an HTA? Not in a browser per se, and Windows only, but will do what you want without the security issues of IE.