CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

VS 2008 Pro C# question :

Hello Every one,
    Sorry If I am posting question in th worong section, as I couldnt find any other area to be relevant...

I have recently installed VS 2008 Pro, last time I used VS was probably 4 years ago (been working in Java/Eclipse IDE ). If I remember correctly in one of the previous versions of VS we could expand the class to see its members as children of the class in the treeview of the Class view of the Project/Solution..

Now in VS 2008 Pro using C# proj I dont see class memebers when I extend a class..

I know I can see class members in the listbox below the class view tree..

But is it possible to configure it somewhere to see members when I expand a class ???

thanks,
    He is not strong and powerful, who throws people down, but he is strong who withholds himself from anger
    MyWeb

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: VS 2008 Pro C# question :

Click on the View menu at the top of the app, and select 'Class View'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Click on the View menu at the top of the app, and select 'Class View'.

I am in the class view already but I need to see class members UNDER the class node.. So that the members appear in the tree..
    He is not strong and powerful, who throws people down, but he is strong who withholds himself from anger
    MyWeb

At the top of the class view, there is an icon and arrow representing Class View Settings. Click on the arrow and select all that apply.

Members don't appear in the same tree as the class anymore. What you need to do is click left click the class you want to view and the members will show up in another window below the tree.

Thanks monalin,
    I understand that this very feature has been removed for some reasons , thankfully some one understood me question atleast as to what I was saying :-)
    MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by xs2ahmed View Post
    Thanks monalin,
    I understand that this very feature has been removed for some reasons , thankfully some one understood me question atleast as to what I was saying :-)
    Sorry, I haven't used VC6 since 2002 - it's a bit hard to remember the differences.