CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

What computer brand should I go with?

I'm interested in buying myself a laptop in the next couple days. I've been to Best Buy a few times in the last week looking around.

I found a Dell Studio 17 at Best Buy for a decent price. I was going to get that, but then was told by the Best Buy staff I should go with an Asus as they are the best laptop makers right now.

I was told that Dell really sucked and most of their customers really hated the support. I use to like Dell. They use to be my favorite brand of PC.

I also see many other manufactures at Best Buy, HP, Sony, Toshiba, Acer.

I haven't purchased a laptop in several years. I know what specs I need, I just don't know what manufacture I should trust. Is Dell really that bad? Because I really love that nice Studio 17 laptop they have at Best Buy.

Re: What computer brand should I go with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    I use to like Dell. They use to be my favorite brand of PC.
    I'm very satisfied with my XPS 420. It's just choogling along. And now I've upgraded to Windows 7 without problems.

Dell computers are good.

Re: What computer brand should I go with?

I have old Sony VGN series (a very old one) but I am very unhappy with them considering they had given me Vista home basic that I upgraded to Ultimate and later the inbuilt camera stopped working and I couldn't find the driver for it. Don't know if that can be a case with other manufacturers as well but may be it can.