CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Lightbulb Javascript Newbie looking for resources

Well, as the title states... I'm looking to learn Javascript, and have no idea where to find good resources (google aside) and I was wondering if you all could help me with that? I want to learn to script for a forum hosting place called ProBoards, for a friend who owns a site. She knows I'm in college, learning how to code C++, and that spurred her to ask if C++ code was what was used for the scripts, and if I could write some for her. I want to help, lol, so I need help D:

I'm pretty good with being self taught if I manage to find some good resources, but all my usual ones have seemed to fail me in the ways of Javascript. What about you pros? What sites did you start out with? Are their any tips I should keep in mind along the way? Is there any specific group of people who's emails I should keep handy just in case (you know, besides you awesome guys!)

Re: Javascript Newbie looking for resources

If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Very first site for any web development language should be W3Schools. From there, it always helps to get familiar with the language and then look into frameworks such as Prototype, Script.aculo.us, jQuery, MooTools, etc.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

thank you so much! This was all I was looking for I appreciate the help :3