CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Visual studio 2010, MSVCP90D.dll missing

Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade my project under visual studio 2010 and I've run into a few issues. When I try to debug my program I get the error "Cannot run due to missing MSVCP90D.dll"

I did a search for MSVCP90D in my files and the text occurs in some third party dlls as well as a few of my own dlls. From looking around the net I've discovered that the dll is some core vs 2008 debug dll.

Any idea how can I fix this? Is it even possible to solve this problem if I have to use dlls that were compiled under VS2008?

Thanks a lot

Re: Visual studio 2010, MSVCP90D.dll missing

This is the debug version of the C++ runtime. This cannot miss, unless you deployed your debug build of the program on a different machine, which doesn't have this DLL if VS 2010 is missing.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Please do a full rebuild of your application including libraries that you are using.
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

I see. I didn't really understand the implications of moving to vs2010, a lot of the libraries I'm using don't have support beyond 2008. Guess I'm stuck using 2008 with its horribly broken intellisense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superkemo View Post
    Guess I'm stuck using 2008 with its horribly broken intellisense.
    No...you are not. Visual Studio 2010 allows to use the VC9.0 toolset (iow the Visual Studio 2008 compiler). This allows you to use the new features of the IDE but still compile the same binary. Note that you need to have both Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 installed on the same machine in order to have this work.

For further information take a look at the following: Exploring New C++ and MFC Features in Visual Studio 2010. Look for the section titled 'Build and Project System'.

Andreas thanks a lot for that piece of information, I'm successfully using VS10 with my project now after altering the settings. Fantastic!