CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Small things that make a difference

Hannes - Really? I feel quite the opposite. The original 2003 FW1/1.1 documentation was meager at best. And most of the examples were in C# - which meant if I wanted to figure out how to do something in VB.NET, I had to start learning C# - which in a way, I did, double-points scored there - But in the last few years, I think the documentation has really taken off and a lot of effort has been put into it and it is really great.

but hey, that's just this gnome's opinion.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.-I also subscribe to all threads I participate, so there's no need to pm when there's an update.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help - how to remove eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to???
    * On Error Resume Next is error ignoring, not error handling(tm). * Use Offensive Programming, not Defensive Programming.
    "There is a major problem with your code, and VB wants to tell you what it is.. but you have decided to put your fingers in your ears and shout 'I'm not listening!'" - si_the_geek on using OERN
    MVP '06-'10

I personally do feel that the 2005 documentation, and the IDE of MSDN was not good. Perhaps I didn't notice the C# oriented solutions in 2003, or were just comfortable with them, as I was proficient with C# as well. Still, I have found myself going back to the 2003 documentation very often, even when I was using 2005 / 2008.

The VB MVP's (past/present) have been very vocal over the past 5+ years about that point. We're finally convincing the other half the VB.Net exists!
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12