CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Windows 7/x64 Code Guru does not "Remember Me"

and I have to enter a username and password everytime. I works fine for all the other sites I visit, but I have to re-enter username and password everytime on Code Guru. Is this a problem with the forum or with my computer?

Sorry forgot to Add IE 8.

Re: Windows 7/x64 Code Guru does not "Remember Me"

Honestly, I'm not sure, this is the first such report we've had. Anyone else have this issue?
    Online Community Manager

Which Browser, and version? I use Firefox 3.6 on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, and haven't typed my password after I entered it the first time. If I log out, it prompts me for a pw if I log back in
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

I am on Windows 7 x64 KN Ultimate and IE 8.0.7600.16385. This install is fairly fresh (Installed within the last month). CodeGuru site does not "Remember Me" at all and everytime I post I have to re-enter my username and password. It does however populate my password into the password box once I enter my username. As I said before all the other sites that I visit I do not have to re-enter my username and password only this one.

I would try deleting all cookies, including site preferences. If you don't include site preferences, then cookies remain. Sounds like you have an old or bad cookie.
    Online Community Manager

I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702 on XP pro SP3 and "Remember Me" on CodeGuru works fine for me as long as I don't hit the "Log Out" button. Like JPnyc I suspect some cookie thing to be the cause if it doesn't work. I have set IE's cookie security level to lowest, since at least one of the sites I visit from time to time completely refused my login if this setting is only one notch higher. Maybe it has to do with that setting.

I experienced "Remember Me" problems on another site though, and I don't really remember whether that was before or after I changed the cookie security setting. At least I know that I haven't tried it again on that site since my first attempt.

HTH?

What does not work on my IE is auto completion for any field of a form, password of other, which obviously seems to work on Matthew's installation. I believe I have checked any option that has to do with that, still no success. Of course this is not the topic of this thread and I don't worry about this too much either, but if someone could give me a hint about what might cause this I would really appreciate it.

Wiping out the cookies did fix it, thanks guys.

It usually does. You're welcome.
    Online Community Manager