CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Bean Binding Problems

I'm having trouble binding data between variables and GUI components. I'm using Netbeans, although I b/c of the restrictions of the program itself I can't use the Netbeans way of binding through the GUI building.
    The problem is the binding seems to be very inconsistent between the different things I've binded. Some of them will update on the run, others will update originally and not change after that, and others still will simply never update from the start. I've posted some my code below and also included a screenshot of the interface I'm trying to bind to (note: I painted out some work sensitive information, but the instrument type variables are binded properly). If the bindings were working properly, you would see '0's in front of every field below instrument status, but currently two of them are missing and nothing is updating, but instrument type and status. I'm new to Binding and figure I must have made a amateur mistake somewhere.
    Many thanks to anyone who can help me solve this problem!
    -qzcx

PS. I forgot to mention, the only working binding are bindings between two GUI components. Not sure how related that is. Like I said, I'm very new to Binding.

Code:
    statusBindingGroup = new org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BindingGroup();

//Instrument type binding
            org.jdesktop.beansbinding.Binding binding = org.jdesktop.beansbinding.Bindings.createAutoBinding(
                    org.jdesktop.beansbinding.AutoBinding.UpdateStrategy.READ_WRITE,
                    InstrumentIconType, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${text}"),
                    instrumentTypeAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));
            statusBindingGroup.addBinding(binding);

//Instrument status binding
            binding = org.jdesktop.beansbinding.Bindings.createAutoBinding(
                    InstrumentIconStatus, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${text}"),
                    instrumentStatusAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));

//Packets Sent Binding
                    this, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${selectedInstrument.packetsSent}"),
                    packetsSentAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));

//Packets Recived Binding
                    this, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${selectedInstrument.packetsRecieved}"),
                    packetsRecievedAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));

//Timeout Counter Binding
                    this, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${selectedInstrument.timeoutCounter}"),
                    timeoutAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));

//Requests Recieved Counter Binding
                    this, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${selectedInstrument.resultRequestsRecieved}"),
                    resultRequestsAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));

//Drop and Runs Sent Counter Binding
                    this, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${selectedInstrument.dropAndRunsSent}"),
                    dropAndRunAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));

//Results Sent Counter Binding
                    this, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty.create("${selectedInstrument.resultsSent}"),
                    resultsSentAnswerLabel, org.jdesktop.beansbinding.BeanProperty.create("text"));

statusBindingGroup.bind();// </editor-fold>
    Attached Images Attached Images