CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy How to Create a 2-Level Grouping in VB6 Data Report That Gets Data from a .DBF File

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new here.. I got a problem with creating groups in the Data Report which gets data from a .dbf file(foxpro). I tried creating a simple report without group headers/footers. The connection to the database is working fine. It displays the data from the database. But I need to use groups to display the info by Name. The error displays "failed getting rowset/s from current data source" I've also tried creating groups that gets data from MsAccess, and it's working fine too.. displaying info the way I want it to be. It seems that the problem is when the report is grouped and gets data from a .dbf file. Btw, these were existing databases so converting to MsAccess might consume a lot of time. I'm using Data Environment..

Can anyone help me here please? I've been searching the net for the same problem for two days now.. Thanks in advance!

Re: How to Create a 2-Level Grouping in VB6 Data Report That Gets Data from a .DBF Fi

What kind of connection are you using?
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Re: How to Create a 2-Level Grouping in VB6 Data Report That Gets Data from a .DBF Fi

Microsoft owns FoxPro, so use their site.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Hi guys, thanks for the response. I've switched to using ms sql server rather than foxpro with vb.. It's a lot more smoother..