CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

HELP!!! vs I have a problem with...

everybody says how importat it is to choose a good topic to get much attantion but I often see that "HELP!!! NOW!!!" threads have more views then "I need a help with this ... function"... how is that possible? interesting, isn't it?
    win7 x86, VS 2008 & 2010, C++/CLI, C#, .NET 3.5 & 4.0, VB.NET, VBA... WPF is comming

remeber to give feedback you think my response deserves recognition? perhaps you may want to click the Rate this post link/button and add to my reputation

private lessons are not an option so please don't ask for help in private, I won't replay

if you use Opera and you'd like to have the tab-button functionality for the texteditor take a look at my Opera Tab-UserScirpt; and if you know how to stop firefox from jumping to the next control when you hit tab let me know

Re: HELP!!! vs I have a problem with...

With a name like "Help!!!!!", most of the people will enter your thread and find out that they can't help you because they don't know about function xxxx. If you would have named your thread "Help with function xxxx", those people would not have read your thread at all, so you get less view, but with the same results as they still can't help you. However, if you name your thread with "function xxxx", you are sure to get the attention of those that will be able to help you!

JeffB
    CodeGuru VB FAQ Visual Basic Frequently Asked Questions
    VB Code color Tool to color your VB code on CodeGuru
    Before you post Importants informations to know before posting

Re: HELP!!! vs I have a problem with...

how is that possible?
    Stupid is as stupid does